Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched but can't really find what I'm looking for.

I need all the info I can get about installing DT LT headers. Is there pics, vids, walk thru's... Specifically of the DT LT's.

I'm 2wd which should make it slightly easier.

I have someone who's very reputable and will install them for $50/hour. He said it shouldn't take him more than 8 hours at the most. He's never done a Titan before... But he's done a lot of others, including some V10's.

Is $300-$400 worth it to have someone install them? I understand with the DT's you need an engine hoist because it is mandatory that you lift the engine. Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
965 Posts
you shouldn't need a hoist bud, im in the market as well but gunna go the shorty way, have a guy here thats guna help with the install save some money, but if you look up the headers like thru a dealer it should have a pdf file that will show instructions. the jbas do and the stillen ones also, so good luck.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Look at the similar threads listed on the bottom of the page.
Way down at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Reactions: TiTAN- and Misfit

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It is easier on the 2wd. You can jack the engine up on the base of the motor.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a quote from a local place...

$1,000 otd. That includes the LT headers, install, and everything that's required.

I think this is a fantastic deal. I can save some blood, sweat and tears.

Any opinions on the price?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That's basically the same price as your buddy. About $600 for the headers and $400 for the install. If you buddy is that good, on a 2wd, it should only take about 6-7 hrs. If you help, less time. Either way, you're spending about the same amount. Don't forget, you will need Uprev as well and that's another $500. Not to mention all the gas you will go through :D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
There not that hard to install, save the installation $$$ for a tune :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts