Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have Thorley's, Berks, and my second Uprev Etune installed.

The last picture is of the codes that I am getting. I have cleared them a few times and it comes back after a second or two. Not sure what they mean.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iphones take crappy videos at night, but you should be able to figure it out. I rolled down the rear window so you can hear the exhaust without the wind noise. Its a lot milder than I expected. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

I'll take some daylight videos tomorrow. They shouldn't look so bouncy.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look's like the front 02 sensors are dead on both sides.
Did you extend the wiring for them when you installed the DT's?
I took it too an exhaust shop. I'll take a look at them tomorrow. I have to go back and have everything retorqued, so I'll make sure they doublecheck their work.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Jackie, sounds and looks good bro! I hope you get the code issue taken care of and you're happy with the set up! Especially the b-pipes! LOL

Make sure the exhaust shop didn't butcher up the O2 sensors and plugged everything back in properly. I'm pretty sure the codes indicate some kind of low voltage reading from the O2 sensors. I bet they forgot to plug them back in or stretched the harness too much when reinstalling them and damaged them. The O2 wiring could also be too close to the exhaust and melted causing the low voltage and triggering codes...

If you aren't already, make sure to "clear learned fuel settings" before you load the new tune and or run data logs... it's a good practice anytime you load a new tune or data log to help prevent CEL's.

Good luck man and keep us in the loop.

Reactions: Pro4Jackster

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
^^^ Yup, both front O2 sensors aren't getting juice... Either they are unplugged or the wires got pulled and lost connectivity... Last thing is they are done for and you need new ones... If the installer's didn't unclip the OEM engine harness to allow the extended distance to the DT collector, then you could have a disconnected wire anywhere in the harness... Hope you find the problem and it's just not connected...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found it. Blown O2 heater fuse. I just hope it was shorted somewhere during the install, and not a wiring problem I'll have to track down. But, so far so good.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Reactions: Pro4Jackster

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Those DDM HID's light up that dark road pretty darn good! :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those DDM HID's light up that dark road pretty darn good! :)
Those are the 35W 6000K low beams. I have them pointed very low because of the lift. I have the 55W high beams and they are very bright. I rarely use them though.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Yea, i have a DDM 8K 35W "slim ballast" kit also & i love it! :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. Especially Gary. I now have 300+ miles with no codes and no issues. I am very pleased with how it turned out, performance and sound. The truck runs like a beast.

Gary, when is the Magnacharger GB?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone. Especially Gary. I now have 300+ miles with no codes and no issues. I am very pleased with how it turned out, performance and sound. The truck runs like a beast.

Gary, when is the Magnacharger GB?

Good deal it's a simple fix. I wonder how that happened? Glad you're happy with the set up and thanks again for your help in getting the BT project going!

I'm FINALLY getting mine done on Sunday! :redblob"

No Magnacharger GB... yet! LOL

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Good to hear you've got no codes now!!! I have been Code Free since the day i installed the Berk Tech's!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
'Bout time bro'.. The DT/ Berk combo make torque everywhere. 140xxx miles and the T thinks it's a GTR. I am soo content.:) You:rockon

L

·
Premium Member
574 Posts

Good to hear you've got no codes now!!! I have been Code Free since the day i installed the Berk Tech's!!! :)
I'm so glad to hear this from both of you. I'm putting mine in this Saturday. :redblob":redblob":redblob"

gweasel, your truck was sounding MEAN!!! @ OT.

Gary, got you beat by one day... Saturday for me... :teethmast:teethmast:teethmast

BTW... Do you guys have any recommendations on the gaskets???
Should I reuse my OEM's, use the Berk supplied ones or go to the dealer and pick up a new set???
And one last question, did you need the O2 sensor removal socket, and if so, what size??? :confused:

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Gary, got you beat by one day... Saturday for me... :teethmast:teethmast:

Should I reuse my OEM's, use the Berk supplied ones or go to the dealer and pick up a new set???
And one last question, did you need the O2 sensor removal socket, and if so, what size??? :confused:
Good deal my friend! Since your truck is brand new the OEM gaskets will be fine. The Berk gaskets should be fine for the other end. Unless you're OCD like me and buy all new OEM gaskets.

I've used the O2 removal tool and an open ended wrench but can't remember the size. Just make sure it fits well use some PB Blaster if needed and be sure to put some anti-seize when you re-install.

Reactions: SpeedyTitan

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
'Bout time bro'.. The DT/ Berk combo make torque everywhere. 140xxx miles and the T thinks it's a GTR. I am soo content.:) You:rockon

L
I cant imagine what a 2wd must feel like. You better have it pointed in the right direction before getting on it. For a lifted 4x4, I am truly impressed.

This should satisfy my need for speed for at least a month or two. What's next? FI or cams? With Uprev figuring the transmission out, does that make the illen-Sta SC an option?....Sorry for cursing.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
gweasel, your truck was sounding MEAN!!! @ OT.
Thank's Carlo! My Titan seem's to have a unique sound to it with my exhaust setup! :)

And one last question, did you need the O2 sensor removal socket, and if so, what size???
I recommend re-using the OEM gasket's where you can & buy another set just in case you have a leak. Then you can double them up if you need to.

I just used a set of needle-nose vise grip's to take the sensor's out. Just make sure you've got it clamped down on there, so it doesn't mess the thread's up. :)

This should satisfy my need for speed for at least a month or two. What's next? FI or cams? With Uprev figuring the transmission out, does that make the illen-Sta SC an option?....Sorry for cursing.
CAM'S CAM'S CAM'S!!!! JWT makes HP!!!!!! SCREW STEALIN'!!!! :teethmast

1 - 20 of 50 Posts