Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my issue. After the install of my headers I drove for about 50 miles before the SES light came on. At first I got the 0420/0430 codes, I understand that and cleared them. After another 20ish miles the SES light came on. I figured it was the same one. I didn't bother clearing the light because I haven't done the defouler part yet. I went out this afternoon to make sure all the nuts/bolts were tight after driving for a week. I checked the codes and had 4 codes: P0420, P0430, P1273, & P1283. Cleared the codes and drove for about 15ish miles and got the 1273/1283 codes. Everywhere I searched stated these are the front O2 sensors. Is it possible that I plugged them in backward and the connector, or do they only connect one way? What else could it be? I've searched all over here and MT and a lot of the posts say that the MAF is dirty. Didn't touch that during the install. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking uprev. Superchips doesn't show AFR's like BD does. Would've gotten BD, but not offered on 04's.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Running headers without having the ability to monitor and adjust the AFR is taking a huge risk IMO. Handhelds are only meant for stock or CAI and catback modded vehicles. I really doubt they will ever offer tuning for header equipped Titans. Anyone considering headers should also include Uprev in their total cost.

When I changed my exhaust from a Magnaflow muffler swap to a JBA catback, my WOT AFR went from 12.1 to 13.1. There's no doubt in my mind that my WOT AFR would be in the 13.9-14.5 range if I ever added headers using my current tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts