Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally saved up enough funds for the DTLT's and Uprev combo, and I'm just looking to get some general info on some things:

Where is the best place to by DTLT's? I'm located in Eastern NC so would I really need the ceramic coated ones? I've already got some Walker B-pipes on the way, and i was thinking of going with 2.5" piping from them to the muffler (Magnaflow 12568, 2.5" DI/DO). Would this be a good setup?

Also, the shop i was planning on going to is National Speed in Wilmington, NC... Has anyone had any experience with them or heard anything about them?

Really looking forward to doing this. My buddy has a Chevy 2500 and just got a custom EFI tune on it and it is insane, I have to attempt to keep up :teethmast

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
check w/ a few places:

Steve on ebay (search titan thorley)
dougthorleyheaders.com
dougthorley.com
autoanything.com

call each of them direct for the best priced shipped.

good luck and enjoy!!

Reactions: Dpeteland

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yup, call him direct. Steve had the best price for me. The other vendors are in Cali and would have had to charge me tax

Call ALL of them, some may price match.

Reactions: Mack207

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bringing this one back to life... just talked to uprev, they said my ecu is not currently supported.

Emails:

James we currently do not support your ecu. We are going to send you the cable so you can dump the ecu information and we can then build support for your truck.

I asked why?

Nissan updates their ecu codes from time to time if problems arise with it. We have support that should work, but we felt more comfortable sending out the latest version for your vehicle

What bothers me is the "should work." I thought uprev worked on all Titans all the time?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I dont have uprev yet, but I just bought doug thorleys and basically the same exhaust setup you wanted. Ill post a video of the sound tonight for you. I have 2.25 dual pipes run into a 12568 magnaflow with dual pipes out the back. Sounds great. The headers and exhaust REALLY helped with the sound, power, and response.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had to do the same thing for Uprev to work on my truck. I had to do a ROM dump and send them the file. If this is the same thing you have to do, it's really no big deal.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea just do a rom dump, thats what I did on my xterra. No big deal just have to pick up a cable, which is good to have anyways.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i got the standard with the cipher. The guy got back with me and explained it was just a ROM dump and was no big deal. Don't have the Lt's yet, but uprev will still help until i get them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sorry man, my camera butchered the sound. Ill try again for ya tomorrow.

FYI, its a little loud without cats, but not terrible. Its actually really quiet at idle, then roars like a beast at wot. I like it so far. With the windows up in the cab theres almost 0 drone at highway speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts