Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently had dual bullets installed and noticed that other than large drone @ 1700 rpm, I took a big loss on my high end torque. My truck just won't pull anymore from around 55+...no more racing cars.

I was thinking maybe I need an X-pipe to get it back? If I can't figure this out I'll just go back to my single bullet and a FM-Y pipe. suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I was unaware we had high end torque! :D

An x pipe might help, but I'm no expert. How much louder are the duals compared to a single bullet?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you using 2.25" piping?
I believe so...maybe 3"

I was unaware we had high end torque! :D

An x pipe might help, but I'm no expert. How much louder are the duals compared to a single bullet?
All I know is my Titan flew with my single bullet, now she's a slug. Duals give a much deeper grunt and rumble...WOT it sounds awesome

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I just recently ran dual borlas. Before that I ran a Y pipe setup for over 1.5 years. I just wanted to see if the Titan really needed backpressure. To sum it up I ran slightly better on the track with true duals. I lost no low end or top end. It pulls actually a little harder up top now. I'm running 20" of pipe off the headers and then the borlas dumped. 2.25" pipe. Sounds like maybe your AFR went Rich to me. Give it a week and it will probably get better after it learns the new setup. I remember back when I went to 2.5" bpipes it felt like a dog at first. Just go out and run the piss out of it:)

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just recently ran dual borlas. Before that I ran a Y pipe setup for over 1.5 years. I just wanted to see if the Titan really needed backpressure. To sum it up I ran slightly better on the track with true duals. I lost no low end or top end. It pulls actually a little harder up top now. I'm running 20" of pipe off the headers and then the borlas dumped. 2.25" pipe. Sounds like maybe your AFR went Rich to me.
Did you run an x-pipe? Sorry what's AFR?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
AFR means air/fuel ratio. Deer, isn't that a wee bit loud? Haha

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If i get a chance to meet you at any meets you can check out my dual bullets. My truck pulls all the way through especially at high end. SLOride can second that. I'm running JBAs to xpipe, to dual bullets dumped after the axle. Kept 2.25 pipes all the way and 2.5 in/out bullets. I'm thinking of getting rid of the xpipe though to see if it will shave time off my 1/4. PM me your number and maybe one day we can meet up and I'll let you see my setup or feel it at high end. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yeah if you aren't running 2.25" piping anything bigger is probably hurting you... Ecu may just have to learn though...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot guys, I've covered a couple 3hr trips since install but will continue to drive a bit

·
Registered
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
What u have to do is disconnect the positive from the battery and press the brake which is optional to drain out the current and let it sit for maybe like 2-5 mins. I did it on my si, ridgeline, and now Titan when installing intake or exhaust to trick the ecu into thinking it's always been like that. When I changed my exhaust on my si, it felt loose but as soon as I did the battery trick it fixed it. It has something to do with the car starting out fresh which is quicker to having to relearn which takes some time and loss of performance.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What u have to do is disconnect the positive from the battery and press the brake which is optional to drain out the current and let it sit for maybe like 2-5 mins. I did it on my si, ridgeline, and now Titan when installing intake or exhaust to trick the ecu into thinking it's always been like that. When I changed my exhaust on my si, it felt loose but as soon as I did the battery trick it fixed it. It has something to do with the car starting out fresh which is quicker to having to relearn which takes some time and loss of performance.
Just disconnect positive and press brake then sit for 5 min? I'll try tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pressing the brake is somewhat to make sure there is no current left on the system kinda overkill but hey it won't hurt. After u connect it you are gonna need ur stereo code just so u kno. So once you turn it on let it idle for a lil bit then drive it around how u normally would (wot) lol then let me know how it went....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are you saying to disconnect while truck is running or off?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you saying to disconnect while truck is running or off?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
No. Don't do that. Also this is the equivalent to unhooking negative cable over night. It clears learned fuel tables, looks to ECM for fuel maps which is being constructed by data from o2 and MAF sensors. In the long run it is still going to try and lean/richen you up to make the readings similar to stock.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Either way I woke up and dc the negative this morning and two hours is about to pass. We will see how it turns out.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
so update?? was it worth the 1k? noticeable?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reconnected after three hours and drove. Rides a little better, noticed a small increase in low end. Maybe it's just acting as a placebo to me but I'll let you know after 300.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts