Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just had the strangest thing happen since I bought the truck. I turned it on and the Nav screen showed the screen that would appear in the Armada. It showed dual climate controls and the outside temperature on the Nav Screen. Those functions are not supposed to be in the Titan yet they appeared?

Anyone else had this happen to them?

If you don't know what the dual temperature controls look like, there are individual sections on the bottom left and right of the screen next to the climate control display. The are labeled DRIVER and PASSENGER and they are NOT supposed to be on the Titan.

I wonder if we can get them to work all the time or if their showing up is a symptom of something else that I don't want to happen when I am about to take a 3500 mile road trip.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I believe there's another post concerning this issue. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think anyone has figured out why it's not a constant showing or for it's sporadic appearances. Mine does it too on occasion. Weird...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
rrumaner said:
OK I just had the strangest thing happen since I bought the truck. I turned it on and the Nav screen showed the screen that would appear in the Armada. It showed dual climate controls and the outside temperature on the Nav Screen. Those functions are not supposed to be in the Titan yet they appeared?

Anyone else had this happen to them?

If you don't know what the dual temperature controls look like, there are individual sections on the bottom left and right of the screen next to the climate control display. The are labeled DRIVER and PASSENGER and they are NOT supposed to be on the Titan.

I wonder if we can get them to work all the time or if their showing up is a symptom of something else that I don't want to happen when I am about to take a 3500 mile road trip.
Funny you should bring this up! I started a thread on this way back when? I was in having my oil change today and I brought this up with my service manager! My NAV. just happened to be displaying those red/blue arch's in the corners I told him they come and go. I asked him if he could find an explanation for this feature. He should be getting back to me on this. He had to make some calls. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just get the two red and blue indicators not the outside temp...just as weird though.

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is so weird...I don't have the Navi system, but sometimes I see two sets of temperature knobs on the dash...

Hmmm....usually this is after a few beers though :cheers:

Disclaimer: This is an isolated incident sitting in the driveway. In no way do I condone drinking and driving. The viewpoints represented here are not necessarily the viewpoints of the author and/or friends, relatives, or enemies of the author... :informati

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can recreate it.

I called Nissan on this today and they said there is glitch in the nav system. When you first start your Titan - put it into drive before the "Nissan" boot screen is gone off the nav display. This confuses the nav system, because it does not allow certain things to be changed while in drive. I get the little driver/passenger windows when i do this. Let me know if anyone can recreate this.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ITS the GHOST OF THE ARMADA coming out of the Titan Nav System.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
michiganmade said:
I called Nissan on this today and they said there is glitch in the nav system. When you first start your Titan - put it into drive before the "Nissan" boot screen is gone off the nav display. This confuses the nav system, because it does not allow certain things to be changed while in drive. I get the little driver/passenger windows when i do this. Let me know if anyone can recreate this.
Try just truning the ignition key to Accesory.

On my truck I'll get it to appear every time I do this, thats how I was able to show the service manager. But when you trun it to start it sometimes stays on and sometimes it dosen't. It also will randomly appear and vanish all on it's own. just what I've noticed. I'm still waiting to hear an answer for this :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
michiganmade said:
Tried it tonight in Drive and Reverse and did not get the Armada screen. It hasn't happened in at least a week now. Maybe it was my truck's way of telling me it missed it's garage and wanted to get home from our trip a little faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts