Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am new to this site, but I am a loyal 2006 Titan owner. I have seen the many posts regarding dual exhaust and quite frankily the responses might as well be in Greek because I dont understand a sinlgle word. I can remodel my house but when but when it comes to vehicles I am a little challenged.

I am trying to decide if I should get a dual exhaust or not on my truck. I use my Titan for work so I put about 2,000 miles a month and also use my Titan to tow my 21 foot bay boat to the lake.

Can someone please let me know if an how a dual exhaust will help with towing my boat and what can I expect with gas mileage. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nick

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
The 06 has a somewhat crushed Y-pipe, so a benefit can be obtained. The main difference in an exhaust change, by itself w/o other mods, will be in sound, which you can hear on youtube by searching for Nissan Titan in conjunction with various exhaust brands such as Flowmaster, JBA, Banks, Stillen, Borla, Nismo etc. When you combine mods such as cold air intake, headers, Uprev tuning, highflow cats, with exhaust, a substantial performance gain can be achieved. As far as gas mileage, I gained about 1 MPG on my 2004 from a combination of the aforementioned mods.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey I would lose the Y pipe and have a shop fab up duals to a muffler dual in dual out with 2.25 all they way back. I jus got that same setup about 2 days ago with a 50s flowmaster and I love it I had a 70s replacement muffler before but poked a hole in it on a service road. But I love the new set up sounds super good outside and nop drone and didnt lose no lowend and just breaths better I also have a Nismo cold air and a bdpp set on 87 tune with timing bump. But all in all I am more than pleased. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the quick reply guys. Looks I am going to move forward with this and have some dual exhaust put on my Titan. One of the reasons I originally chose the Titan over an F150 was because of the sound of the stock exhaust and now I can't wait the dual exhaust put on. I do eventually want to have a cold air intake put on, but I will have to wait on that.

Thanks again for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts