1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yup. been said before.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yes its covered lol...not really the dumbest question...

so how did you blow it ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing I just listen a little too loud.

Thats really the only complaint I have with my truck. The stereo is really sub-par. Had I known I would have made sure to get the Rockford Fosgate upgrade.

I make full use out of the 6 disc changer, Aux input, and factory Sirius. Any suggestions on how to maintain these features and get better sound?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Replace them.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmm...interesting idea...

Any recommendations as to what would be good and still retain all the current options?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Seriously, Tech12volt and PDizzle do this stuff all the time. Lizardking is another good person to bounce ideas off of. I'd shoot them a pm and ask some advice. I've got the R/F Premium and added a sub/amp to it. Now I'm looking for more! And I was never really an audiophile, but I do like it to sound good..... Still learning, myself, but the speakers seem to be a weak link. I would imagine in the base stereo system, it's even more so. The problem, from what I've read, is that the stock HU with the built-in amp doesn't push enough power for good quality aftermarket speakers. Additional amps will be required, as a minimum, but then if you have that in an underpowered HU, might as well go for the whole shebang! I'm sure you could get a good package from one of those guys. And for the record, I have gone to some of the BigBox audio stores in my area and they're a bunch of thieves, IMO. The system I put in my truck, just a JL amp & sub cost me around $300. Tw**ter wanted $1100 to do it.... Buncha crooks.....

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
im happy with my r/f system untill i can upgrade to 2 12s and replace the rest of the speakers along with the head unit...it still drops on alot of songs...but could be better

·
Registered
27 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Tw**ter wanted $1100 to do it.... Buncha crooks.....
Yeah, that's why they are going out of business. They just closed 30% of their stores back in March/April.

I have the "premium" stereo in my LE and am disappointed. My old and VERY MODEST JVC head + Kenwood 4x40 amp driving Infinity 6.5" components and a 10" JL Audio wedge kicks the krap out of this "premium" stereo.

I'm looking for some relatively inexpensive speaker options to replace the factory ones. I don't need the system to go super-loud but definitely want it much cleaner. I'm guessing/hoping that some mid-priced somewhat efficient speakers would be a big improvement for a few hundred $$$. Right now it sounds like I've got cotton stuffed in my ears :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts