Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my flowmaster 40 series delta flow muffler delivered this wednesday via fedex. I have an appointment at the shop thursday to have the stock muffler tore out and this in its place. It is single in/out. Also, i'm using oem exhaust. I am 2004 4x4 offroad. Please explain why you would do either A or B. What are the pros and cons?? I want a really nice loud growl, throaty idle and sweet good vibrations ;)

A.) dump the exhaust before the rear axle or
B.) keep the stock pipe where its at and put a tip on it

Thanks! I tried to research this and I cant believe no one has asked this or has it done.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Option C) Dump it over the rear axle and tip it. You and your ears can thank me later :D

Reactions: tcoche

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Option C) Dump it over the rear axle and tip it. You and your ears can thank me later :D
Nice! Never thought of that. Good advice! So, what you're saying is have it dumped right over the axle?? Do not have it turned out like it currently is with the tip?? Any chance you have a pic???

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would put a 4-5" tip on it, I think it adds a little extra to the looks of the truck as far as performance capability's. I have been tinkering with the idea of dumping a 5" black chrome tip over the rear axle so its visible from behind the truck. I personally don't like the tip turned down towards the ground but I seen a kids early 90's chevy with it angled down over the rear axle and it was bad A.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow. After a dumped bullet, going to a rear axle dump rocks! Cuts out a ton of the drone, and the tip looks bada*s from behind :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would put a 4-5" tip on it, I think it adds a little extra to the looks of the truck as far as performance capability's. I have been tinkering with the idea of dumping a 5" black chrome tip over the rear axle so its visible from behind the truck. I personally don't like the tip turned down towards the ground but I seen a kids early 90's chevy with it angled down over the rear axle and it was bad A.
I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow. After a dumped bullet, going to a rear axle dump rocks! Cuts out a ton of the drone, and the tip looks bada*s from behind :D
You guys just pretty much said the samething at the sametime! :teethmast Looks like that is the way to go. You think if I tell the shop to dump it right over the rear axle and put a tip on it towards the ground...they would have to know what I'm talking about...right??

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah they'll know what you mean. The old guy I have do all my stuff did welded in my y-pipe, bullet and piping for $130 :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah they'll know what you mean. The old guy I have do all my stuff did welded in my y-pipe, bullet and piping for $130 :D
Sweet! I was thinking it was gonna cost like 150 to do something like this. Hopefully that'll hold true. Thanks a lot for the advice. I really like the sound of this. I will post pics later this week. Cant wait!! :teethmast

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I actually need to do a good video of the new setup... Might just do that tomorrow :D

You'll really be happy it's over the axle, before is way too loud

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually need to do a good video of the new setup... Might just do that tomorrow :D

You'll really be happy it's over the axle, before is way too loud
Nice! that would be killer to see that video. I really appreciate the advice. I am sooo glad I asked on here. I was just gonna stroll in the shop and say dump it. LOL!! I researched on youtube and the net and no one seems to have this setup...shocking! So, I really wasn't sure on the sound. My 7 month old and 2 yr old...THANKS YOU as well!! :teethmast

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
The only way the sound will change is the amount of it in the cab. I mean it's only an extra like 2.5' of piping haha. Definitely worth it. I'll post up a vid tomorrow night :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet! Looking forward to it :cheers:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
something like this??

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Very similar to that. I used a bolton tip from autozone though. You should look into the FM y-pipes too... Your truck will pull like a mofo after you do that :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very similar to that. I used a bolton tip from autozone though. You should look into the FM y-pipes too... Your truck will pull like a mofo after you do that :D
I will do that. I've researched about y-pipes and I was going to add that later but might as well get it done now. Hope I can find the FM y-pipe locally. I really wanted to get this done this week.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Trust me even if you have to wait, the Y-pipe FRICKEN ROCKS! Your mid-high range will have a a lot more punch then before :D

Patience is a virtue my friend haha

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trust me even if you have to wait, the Y-pipe FRICKEN ROCKS! Your mid-high range will have a a lot more punch then before :D

Patience is a virtue my friend haha
OH MAN!! I got the goosebumps reading that :teethmast

Im gonna call around tom and find this sucker. I found the part# Y250300

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good luck bro! You'll love your new passing abilities :D
Cant wait!! You got me fired up to get something I was going to wait on...thanks for costing me extra money right now!! sob!! LOL!! So, I called up autozone and ordered the FM y-collector. They said since I ordered it so early in the morning they should have it delivered tomorrow!! woot woot!! :teethmast

1 - 20 of 35 Posts