Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if there was going to be some people headed out to the dunes for the holiday. I am going to be at the Gordons well area. Hopefully we'll see some of the Desert Titans out there. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I usually head out the big weekends. Those are the only weekends I don't work.:crying: I don't know where I'll be going. Maybe set up a ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
ryands650x said:
Ill be a t Glamis with my usual crew. Just south west of the asphalt entrance strip
Glamis Flats? We should all get together at Olds or Sand Drags on Sat afternoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Ill be down in dumont
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
Thats actually one weekend I don't go to glamis because it is crazy crowded. However I am trying to get together another time early November to go out. I havent figured exactly when as I have two different groups going during that month and the end of this month. Ahh decisions decisions. lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
faith+1 said:
Thats actually one weekend I don't go to glamis because it is crazy crowded. However I am trying to get together another time early November to go out. I havent figured exactly when as I have two different groups going during that month and the end of this month. Ahh decisions decisions. lol.
not a good weekend for riding but a great weekend for watching the carnage. I think I'm going to glamis but undecided. Gordons kind of defeats the purpose in going on a big weekend, plus I hate how crowded and dusty the flats gets, at least glamis is more spread out. Either way the dust is going to suck for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justintoxicated said:
not a good weekend for riding but a great weekend for watching the carnage.

Thats for sure. I always wear a helmet cam and I get some pretty interesting shots of people being stupid and pretty gnarly wrecks. I went to glamis once and didn't have a great experience so its kinda hard to get the fiance to go back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Last Thanksgiving I was parked at Wash 21 and it was lonely. The closest camp to mine was 200yards away, and it was a small group. We rode from China Wall to Gecko, and didn't run into people all day. I've noticed the majority of the ppl just go and park at Oldsmobile, Comp, and Gecko Sand Drags. If you park at the washes deep enough like I did you don't get a lot of people around you, and as long as you stay in the southernmost dunes you don't run into people. Just don't cross to the forbidden part (damn you environmentalists).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I'll be out in glamis this thanksgiving...right in time for my birthday. I'll be campin by the vendors as usual. I actually just got back from glamis this last weekend for halloween. Went down the drags cruisin at 55. Quite a rush in a basically stock truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I really doubt I will be able to go. I am saving my Glamis trip for December 1st. The H-Bomb guys will be out there putting on a show and there is also a small concert. Besides that. I will be in China for the most of November, I will only be back for Thanksgiving and the first week of December then I gotta go back to China.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
H-Bombs? Are those the guys that make quads videos.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
SuperMario_N_Titan said:
I really doubt I will be able to go. I am saving my Glamis trip for December 1st. The H-Bomb guys will be out there putting on a show and there is also a small concert. Besides that. I will be in China for the most of November, I will only be back for Thanksgiving and the first week of December then I gotta go back to China.
wow we should coordinate a trip during that time. sounds like a blast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
red_rider_elsinore said:
H-Bombs? Are those the guys that make quads videos.
yep. It's those guys alright. Those videos have been a bad influence on me, I am beginning to try out tricks now that I am comfortable in the air. I was at Adelanto not too long ago and I hit the 120 foot step down, I tried to go as fast as I could on my 400 but the farthest I got was about 80 feet. Just made it on the landing.

Dont get much elevation, mostly distance, on that step-down.

Anyways, here's the flyer for SAND RIOT 2007.


We should definitely coordinate a trip for that weekend. You can already count me in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Where are some quad tracks in the San Diego? I took my 400ex to a track once, but it was so slow. I wished my yz426f was working. Guess its time for you to get a 450r.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
red_rider_elsinore said:
Where are some quad tracks in the San Diego? I took my 400ex to a track once, but it was so slow. I wished my yz426f was working. Guess its time for you to get a 450r.

I wish I can get a 450r right now. Maybe in a few months.


Tracks in San Diego County

Seems like there is only one track right now in San Diego County. That's a shame really. You can go south of the border to Too Much Fun MX Park in Rosarito. Here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
SuperMario_N_Titan said:
I wish I can get a 450r right now. Maybe in a few months.


Tracks in San Diego County

Seems like there is only one track right now in San Diego County. That's a shame really. You can go south of the border to Too Much Fun MX Park in Rosarito. Here.
Is the track in Rosarito any good. I've seen two tracks down there. One is a private one and the other is right next to the beach. Right after you pass Quinta de Mar.
I'll always wanted to ride my bike from Rosarito to Ojo Negros and stuff. They're legal in the street, and I always see people all geared up with packbacks & desert tracks. We should organize a 1st Annual Titan Baja Excursion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Hi guys.
Won't be in Glams on Thanksgiving. It is too damn crazy on holiday weekends now. We plan on going the weekend before. You guys down for some more Sobe bombs and fire soccer?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top