Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 07 Titan SE KC and want to upgrade my stereo. I dont know alot about all the different options or what they do. I have looked online :computern and am pretty much clueless about what most of the stuff means :crying: Im basically looking for either a single or double din unit that can play dvd's and cd's, possibly hook up a rear view camera and navigation, and run either xm or sirius. Maybe bluetooth? If I do get something navigation ready...what exactly does that mean? Do I have to run a cd to load it? And if I do then does the cd have to stay inside the unit meaning can I run the navi and a cd or dvd at the same time? Sorry for the dumb questions.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Don't be discouraged... It took me a while to figure out what double DIN and HU meant. Check out the thread http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/58666-kenwood-dnx7100.html
You can also use the search function and look for navigation, Kenwood, AVIC, etc.
Some navigation units must use a DVD - which means you cannot listen to a CD at the same time. Some units have two DVD/CD readers because of this. Others use hard drives. Still others have flash memory (like the Kenwood DNX7100). They all have pros and cons. There is a thread just about the pros and cons.
I do not know what "navigation ready" means. I have seen some systems where you tie-in a navigation system like a parrot. I like an integrated unit myself.
The Kenwood can do HD and XM. I do not think the AVIC Z2 can do HD. HD reception is free although it is not ubiquitous.
Welcome, good luck and happy searching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts