Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in my truck and I managed to get this stuff out before it went away...

I have a DVD Nav Console, a 7" monitor already mounted (comes with remote and wiring), a double din face plate already trimmed and single din radio mounting thing (metal piece not included, goes with the radio).

I paid well over $500 for all of this.....and I have done all of the pain in the *** work..I will let it go for $250....its ready to snap in and go.

What I did is I had a Creative Zen Vision:M (not included) video mp3 player (will work with probably any video mp3 player) and I outputted my video to the monitor, and my audio to the deck. BAM! The poor mans mobil entertainment center!

Heres some pics of it installed:

...and some pics of it uninstalled...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boomer135 said:
is that a s-video plug? email me @ [email protected]
I am not sure....i doubt it.

there is a cable that plugs into this one that supplies, power, ground, and 2 or 3 sets of video inputs (RCA) ...so i am going to assume its a propriatary plug for this unit.

I will find out what the make/model is tonight of the screen as well as post some specs. I watched many movies on it on the way out to the river, works great :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roy365 said:
please explain how this is a Nav system if the video source is a MP3 player?
I never said it was a NAV system. Please read the thread again.

It is the factory DVD/NAV console.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Screen Details:

STARVISION SP-70HS 7" TFT LCD Headrest Monitor

Screen Size: 7 inch
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Broadcasting Standard: NTSC, PAL
Maximum Resolution: 800 (H) x 480 (V) pixels
Input Connectors: Composite (Video) x 2

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gabriel c. said:
so you had it hooked up straight to your head unit, since it wss a dvd player also. correct?
no, it was just a normal non-dvd deck (Aftermarket) with RCA inputs.

The MP3/Video player (Creative Zen Vision: M) outputted the video to the screen and the audio to the AUX RCA inputs of the deck so it would play the audio out the speakers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
pm SENT.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have been getting a lot of PM's from lowballers trying to get me to part it out...

I am pretty firm on my price. Make me a reasonable offer and we can talk.
No I will not include shipping for [insert your lowballer price here].
No you cant just buy [insert part you want here]

The reason I will not part this out is because I have already modified everything to make it fit together as a package. The face plate bezel has been cut and the mounting hardware hacked up to make a cradle....which is JB Welded inside the dvd nav bezel.

who is going to want to buy a cut face plate without the dvd nav console bezel?

who is going to want to buy a headrest screen with no mounting hardware?

I will be stuck with the leftover parts that no one will ever buy.

Sorry if I sound a little ****ish, but some of these PM's are very rude. Dont waste my time if youre going to lowball me and be a jerk about it when I turn it down.

·
Registered
207 Posts
pm box is full...and what city are you located?

thanks

·
Registered
940 Posts
Do you have a better pic of where the 2 pieces meet? That cut on the radio faceplate doesn't look very good. Is there a gap?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
travelship said:
Do you have a better pic of where the 2 pieces meet? That cut on the radio faceplate doesn't look very good. Is there a gap?
yes, there is a gap that drops down maybe 1/4" when sitting in the seat, its unnoticable.

i am a stickler for clean installs and everyone who ever sat in my truck never noticed it unless i pointed it out to them.

i will try to get better pictures tonight of that area.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
i know this thread is old but does the stock radio harness fit in the NAV bezel or do you have to cut it?

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
?? (10 characters)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts