Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to play a DVD movie over the stereo?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
casique said:
Is there a way to play a DVD movie over the stereo?
I believe that if you have the steering wheel controls and the Nav System, you can press the selector button and toggle through to DVD on the Nav screen. That should play the DVD sound through the system.

I haven't even removed the plastic from the DVD screen yet. I have no kids so I doubt that I will ever use it since I find it real hard to drive from the back seat. No one but me is ever going to drive this truck.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Now that you mentioned it, I got to thinking, is it possible to put a TV tuner in so that you can watch local TV over the DVD screen? That would seem like a useful option. Is it possible or would it take a lot of work?

·
Registered
740 Posts
munkeebinis said:
Now that you mentioned it, I got to thinking, is it possible to put a TV tuner in so that you can watch local TV over the DVD screen? That would seem like a useful option. Is it possible or would it take a lot of work?
Check the Titan/Aramada thread over at freshalloy.com. Somebody did just that and posted instructions!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
munkeebinis said:
Just remember that it is illegal in most states to have a television screen visible from the drivers seat.

·
Registered
740 Posts
rrumaner said:
Just remember that it is illegal in most states to have a television screen visible from the drivers seat.
I think the guy set it up to swivel the screen for the passenger - don't know how or for sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rrumaner said:
I believe that if you have the steering wheel controls and the Nav System, you can press the selector button and toggle through to DVD on the Nav screen. That should play the DVD sound through the system.

I haven't even removed the plastic from the DVD screen yet. I have no kids so I doubt that I will ever use it since I find it real hard to drive from the back seat. No one but me is ever going to drive this truck.
Thanks rrumaner, I'll give it a try!

·
Banned
81 Posts
I meant the DVD screen, that you get with the DVD Entertaintment package. Not the Nav screen up front. So if you were to install a TV tuner for the DVD entertainment screen it would not be illegal since only the rear seat passengers can see it anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
dvd on nav screen

keane said:
Check the Titan/Aramada thread over at freshalloy.com. Somebody did just that and posted instructions!
Keane...where on the freshalloy.com site can i find the titan/armada thread that gives the instructions? I went to the site but I am confused on what to search to see the instructions. Thanks in advance for the details...

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
munkeebinis said:
Since the DVD player has input jacks on it, there might be a way to hook up a TV tuner and pump it thruough them. I am not sure, but it might be possible.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
I'd be a little hesitant about doing all that custom work. Maybe if it was a used 10 year old truck I would go for it, but to break open a brand new truck just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe if I had a bunch of money I wouldn't care.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rrumaner said:

RRUMANER

Worked lke a charm! Thanks for the info. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts