Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I went the cheap route with the DYI mod+K&N drop-in.
What would I gain by going with an S&B CAI or similar?

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
IMO the air box mod dosen't do anything. The drop in K&N might give you 2-3 hp at most. A AEM Bruteforce intake was added to a titan and then dynoed and it made like 8hp and 13trq to the wheels. It is worth the $ to get an aftermarket intake, again IMO. Best intakes are S&B, AEM, and Injen. Intakes also go nicely with an exhaust and Tuner. I have all 3 and the difference between stock is night and day.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I did the DIY AB mod before buying the S&B. You can tell a very very slight difference in power and noise with just the DIY mod. The S&B is a big difference. Its pretty quiet in normal driving, but when you get on it, it can deafen you (in a good way). HP wise, i dont have any specific numbers, but its def more than the the DIY mod. Well worth the price IMO. they're pretty cheap as well. An as Southside said, all three make a big difference.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
S&b has awesome customer service. Had a vibration noise with mine and they are working with me to get it solved with free parts. Highly recommend s&b for the sound and performance. It looks cool also with the clear lid. $208 is what I paid at autoanything.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like S&.B may be a good way to go.

A couple of questions:

Is it easy to install w/o destroying the stock intake or its plumbing? I want the option to put the stock air back

How noisy is it when you hit 3500 rpm? I have a gibson swept side and do a lot of towing. The gibson is loud enoug as it is when I shift to 3rd and hit 3500rpms.

Mike

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The swap is very easy and no, if you have basic hand tools you won't tear anything up.

It's not bad noisy at 3.5k, I ran the S&B on my truck and loved it. Also was the cheapest at $210 or so on AutoAnything. The Gibson will be louder than the intake is.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I did a good deal of towing just with the S&B and it had a good tone to it. Now, if I feather the throttle and keep it around 3k rpms, its louder than my exhaust :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts