·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the hp / trg gains are with power cats

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unfortunately high flow cats really dont do much unless you are running a boosted application and then even that has minimal gains, I would look to doing a full cat back exhaust and maybe combined with a set of quality headers and a cold air system before changing out to high flow cats

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Unfortunately high flow cats really dont do much unless you are running a boosted application and then even that has minimal gains, I would look to doing a full cat back exhaust and maybe combined with a set of quality headers and a cold air system before changing out to high flow cats
Brad the main reason we change our cats out is because the stock ones are way too close to the motor and prone to failure with any excess heat more than stock (some even failed stock) The result is that they break apart inside and suck back into the motor and launch. Few reported cases already.
So when is JBA making us longtubes!??! hint hint

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about a sound gain?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
pm box is empty now, i have a set of 4 month old b-pipes for sell with brand new 2.25" dynatech cats for sell for 250.00 this is basicilly half the cost it cost me to buy the cats, and labor to make the pipes.. was experimenting they worked perfect for after headers to maximaze torque for lots of low end grunt..

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
roy365 said:
I think i am going with a 2.5'' setup. The guy at the muffler shop has already hooked up some larger tubing for me when he did the reso delete. Otherwise i'd jump on those. Who sells them is my question?!?!?!?!
jegs.com or summitracing.com..

funny thing is you could make my cats into 2.5" cats for less than you would buy 2 brand new ones.. all you have to do is buy the stepdowns, watch this video and you will see how they made my 3" dynatech cats into 2.5"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Zh8o_i6c

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Toomnymods said:
jegs.com or summitracing.com..

funny thing is you could make my cats into 2.5" cats for less than you would buy 2 brand new ones.. all you have to do is buy the stepdowns, watch this video and you will see how they made my 3" dynatech cats into 2.5"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Zh8o_i6c
yeah i could do that, but my Volant is 3'' all the way including the y pipe. I dont want to "neck" it down to 2.25 if i can help it. I'm sure with your track record on here someone will jump all over them. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
roy365 said:
yeah i could do that, but my Volant is 3'' all the way including the y pipe. I dont want to "neck" it down to 2.25 if i can help it. I'm sure with your track record on here someone will jump all over them. Thanks!
hehe you obviosuly didnt watch the video.. they cut off the portion of the cat that makes it whatever size and reweld on the adapter that makes it what ever size you want.. all dynatech cats are identical cept for the adapter piece that is welded onto them at the factory.. they all are 4" where is connects to cat and 2.25, 2.5, or 3" depending on nwhich cat you bought.. i wouldnt have even known this until i was ready to buy new cats and the salesman from dynatech stopped me and told me just weld on new adapters to make them the 2.5" hehe lucky me he saved me like 250.00

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
it is something dynatech sells they are like 17 bucks each and u will need 4.. so with shipping it's around 90.00 plus the cost of the cats (250.00) can't go no lower than that.. and you'll save like 70-80 bucks cause 2 from jegs.com are like 175.00 plus shipping and it ends up being like 390.00 just for the cats..
lemme know will sell them to first one to paypal me some dough, hehe

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
roy365 said:
Honestly, i think the "neck down" could only help your situation. The 3" y's are proven to be too large for lowend tq anyways, this may help. I have seen custom exhaust and headers in race cars that have steps in them to cange the power delivery

1 - 14 of 14 Posts