Nissan Titan Forum banner

Dyno for Banks Exhaust...

10K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  bestatchess 
#1 ·
I know that I posted this in the "big" Banks thread but here goes again (sorry moderators).

Ok guys, I am more than willing to be the guinea pig here. I am very interested in this exhaust. However, because Banks has not and maybe will not post their dyno numbers I want to put out an offer to everyone on this board. I just contacted two different shops within 15 miles of me that have chasis dynos. However both of them charge $75 for 3 pulls. I am willing to put my Titan on the dyno first stock (for 3 pulls) to get baseline numbers and then go back for another 3 pulls after the Banks is installed. However, money is tight and $150 plus the $500-$550 for the exhaust system will absolutely break me. So let me ask you all, if I am willing to do this is anyone interested in assisting me with the cost of putting my truck on the dyno? Hell if everyone interested here only threw $5-$10 in (via paypal?) then this would cover the costs. I will sacrifice my time, my truck, and I will buy the exhaust with my own funds (and hopefully Titanparts1 will still give me a good deal). I am only asking for a little money for the dyno runs. So what do you guys think???

Also let me say, that I am not doing this for profit but instead just to let everyone here know how well this system works. I only want enough money to pay for 2 dyno sessions...nothing more and I will also throw money in for this. It just seems as though everyone here wants hard numbers and I am willing to do this for everyone here, I just need a little financial help and then we can ALL benefit.

While I trust Banks' numbers...if they ever post them...I would still rather see first hand numbers rather than a dyno chart that could possibly be altered.

See less See more
#4 ·
im in, i could do $5 but when would you start this project

#9 ·
help with banks dyno.

dman said:
I know that I posted this in the "big" Banks thread but here goes again (sorry moderators).

Ok guys, I am more than willing to be the guinea pig here. I am very interested in this exhaust. However, because Banks has not and maybe will not post their dyno numbers I want to put out an offer to everyone on this board. I just contacted two different shops within 15 miles of me that have chasis dynos. However both of them charge $75 for 3 pulls. I am willing to put my Titan on the dyno first stock (for 3 pulls) to get baseline numbers and then go back for another 3 pulls after the Banks is installed. However, money is tight and $150 plus the $500-$550 for the exhaust system will absolutely break me. So let me ask you all, if I am willing to do this is anyone interested in assisting me with the cost of putting my truck on the dyno? Hell if everyone interested here only threw $5-$10 in (via paypal?) then this would cover the costs. I will sacrifice my time, my truck, and I will buy the exhaust with my own funds (and hopefully Titanparts1 will still give me a good deal). I am only asking for a little money for the dyno runs. So what do you guys think???

Also let me say, that I am not doing this for profit but instead just to let everyone here know how well this system works. I only want enough money to pay for 2 dyno sessions...nothing more and I will also throw money in for this. It just seems as though everyone here wants hard numbers and I am willing to do this for everyone here, I just need a little financial help and then we can ALL benefit.

While I trust Banks' numbers...if they ever post them...I would still rather see first hand numbers rather than a dyno chart that could possibly be altered.
sounds good to me im in for a fiver , for the good cause. :cheers:

#11 ·
bighawaii said:
im in for $5, are 3 pulls the least you can do or can they do 1 pull for $25?
I didn't ask about 1 pull but I will tomorrow when they are open. Both places I called quoted $75 for 3 pulls so this may be the minimum. I would guess that most of the time that they are charging for is for hooking and unhooking the truck to the dyno but I will definitely see if I can get the price down by only doing 1 or 2 pulls.

#13 ·
Do you plan on resetting the ECU during/after installation of the Banks? You should.

How long after exhaust installation and subsequent powering up of the ECU do you plan to drive before you hit the dyno? Should be at least a full tank of gasoline, driving in the same manner you did before new exhaust.

#15 ·
Austin said:
Do you plan on resetting the ECU during/after installation of the Banks? You should.

How long after exhaust installation and subsequent powering up of the ECU do you plan to drive before you hit the dyno? Should be at least a full tank of gasoline, driving in the same manner you did before new exhaust.
Yes, I will most definitely unhook the battery for awhile to reset the ECU. Thanks for the tips.

#21 ·
Well I'm trying to confirm this but one of my friends that is a BMW mechanic and an autocrosser has said that he may know of a place that will only charge $45-$50 for 3 pulls. I haven't been able to confirm the place yet but I am sure I will speak with him in the next day or so. I will keep all updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.