Nissan Titan Forum banner

for those who are currently running a Bullet muffler, how do you rate it

341 - 360 of 1590 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
eddieslub, drone is the echoey roar from the exhaust. there's a difference in hearing the exhaust sound and hearing drone from your exhaust. compare to FM40 it's not even there. if it's a loud deep muffler, you will hear it from inside somewhat no matter who makes it. it's something you have to sacrifice if you want a loud deep sound. spintech for instance hooligan says theres hardly any drone, but the two sound totally different. spintech has a higher deep sounding tone and the bullet has a lower deep sounding tone. you might grow to like it over the next week.

just to clear up when i say it gets louder and deeper after a week or two, it's not that BIG of a difference but you will notice that it has gotten a more mature deepness to it. as for rasp or ping poppin, i couldn't tell you.....sorry, but i think no matter what system you go with, some say they have it, some say they don't.
[email protected] u :p i wouldn't even begin to be able to imagine that the FM40 let alone ANY muffler would drone any louder, lol :ftard: i think i could definitely get used to it, i've just never been in a car w/ an exhaust upgrade before so this is WAYYYYYY new and a bit of a shock :teeth: in a good way tho! definitely like the way you described how it gets a more "mature deepenss."
like i said i have the flu but when i heard them turn on my truck and when i turned it on myself for the very 1st time... I FELT GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

if i can't get used to it i might try a tip of some sort. i fired her up for the fam to hear (who i often taxi around town), and they approved. my dad asked if it's gonna help the truck run better :lol: i said oh yeahhhhhhh ;) we'll see how they like the drone after a long distance drive :teethmast

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Hahahaha. As one who's had a FM50 and a FM40 for the last couple years, I PROMISE you that the FM40 drones louder. Pinky promise.
waay louder!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Parts have arrived!

Parts finally arrived! Woo Hoo! Looks like I may have to take a long lunch tomorrow and head down to have this beast welded up! ;)

~J.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
i'll let you know in 2 weeks when i get this thing slapped on if i love you back

:rofl:

:kiss:
i'm waiting............:computern lol

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
thats whats up jake!

·
Registered
152 Posts
LOL! I'd leave with "pig flu like symptoms" right now and get it welded if I could. ;)~

Looking forward to losing the stealth exhaust note from the stock setup for sure!

Windows down, radio off, WOT... :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bummer! Just called my local Meineke who did exhaust on my Mustang, Lightning, and Dodge Hemi asking if they can fit me in, and he says his Mig Welder is down and they're waiting a few days for parts!

Talk about a downer! Might have to find someone else to weld it. Not sure If I can wait a few days. LOL!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
Bummer! Just called my local Meineke who did exhaust on my Mustang, Lightning, and Dodge Hemi asking if they can fit me in, and he says his Mig Welder is down and they're waiting a few days for parts!

Talk about a downer! Might have to find someone else to weld it. Not sure If I can wait a few days. LOL!
i know what you mean. i went shop to shop around town to get it done around 4pm and no one was able to fit me in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lmao! I call my mechanic for an exhaust guy reference and he gives me a number to a guy named Dave. I call Dave and tell him what I have to get welded and he says ...

"Well, that's about a 2 hour job, so you'll have to leave it here in the morning and come pick it up." I tell him,...

"People I know who have gotten this done have told me at most it's a 45 minute job!" he says...

"Well, you can come on down I can rush it and do a 40 minute job if you like" with a nasty attitude.

Um nope! All things considered, I'm not paying $170.00 for 2 hours of labor for a simple weld job. I'll keep looking.

Thieves trying to generate more revenue by screwing people aren't cool at all. ;)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
jake no BS, the muffler shop got down with my install. pulled in and out in 25 mins. they went to work with no BS, all business no play. 1 guy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
jake no BS, the muffler shop got down with my install. pulled in and out in 25 mins. they went to work with no BS, all business no play. 1 guy.
I hear ya Eddie. I'm not letting a bad economy cost me unnecessary money. I'm not in that much of a rush to get fleeced like that. I'll call around and find someone or wait for my guy at Meineke to get his parts in. No biggie. ;)

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Lmao! I call my mechanic for an exhaust guy reference and he gives me a number to a guy named Dave. I call Dave and tell him what I have to get welded and he says ...

"Well, that's about a 2 hour job, so you'll have to leave it here in the morning and come pick it up." I tell him,...

"People I know who have gotten this done have told me at most it's a 45 minute job!" he says...

"Well, you can come on down I can rush it and do a 40 minute job if you like" with a nasty attitude.

Um nope! All things considered, I'm not paying $170.00 for 2 hours of labor for a simple weld job. I'll keep looking.

Thieves trying to generate more revenue by screwing people aren't cool at all. ;)
lol. Wow. Yeah stay far, far away from that shop. I found a small shop to do my work. Mine was welded up by the owner for $50. His welds don't look as pretty as some I've seen, but it works just fine!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
lol. His welds don't look as pretty as some I've seen, but it works just fine!
yea my welds are kinda frankenstien-ish but it works. thats why i gave mine a squirt of black.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
crazy lurch

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
i'm waiting............:computern lol
:lol: we're almost there, it's growing on me :smileysqu

haha. When I first got my Flowmaster I drove around for over a week with the radio off, just listening to my exhaust note, lol.
LOL that's how i've been driving around too :teethmast

ask local TT members who they recommend. 04GreenT recommended me to his muff shop and they did an awesome job. i showed up at 8:30 or so and left about 10am. told me 45mins but i didn't mind the extra sit time. i glanced at the welds real quick yesterday and to me they did a clean job. quoted me $75 and kept their word, didn't charge me for any extra piping or anything. i'll take some pics in a bit as well as upload some freeway drivin' video clips.

the drone is at it's most "impressive" during city street driving. freeway driving was cake. i would have no problem on road trips. it's when you're giving it gas that it barks, not when you're cruisin. love is in the air :luveyes:

edit: btw my mom was outside when i left and when i got back she told me it sounded really cool and that it growls :eveilgrin

341 - 360 of 1590 Posts