Nissan Titan Forum banner

for those who are currently running a Bullet muffler, how do you rate it

• Total voters
421 - 440 of 1590 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
I am still questioning how this $40 muffler sounds better then the higher priced mufflers i've purchased over the years!
seriously man, $40 for that kind of sound and design. who care's if it goes out in a couple of years, it's $40 for a very satisfying sound and performance.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Exactly. Little squirt of high temp on the outside and good to go. For the amount I drive my truck, it should last for a good number of years!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
look people spintech and bullets have 2 totally different sounds. they are both loud mufflers. they are both race mufflers. IMO spintech might be slightly louder and bullets might be slightly deeper. again both are loud enough to make a serious statement. thats it. the rest is up to you.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Mike has a sound clip with headers and bullets...I will see if he will put it up for us.
i don't think mike had headers with his bullet, and i think he only ran a single.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sound will also depend on the trucks height as well, espically if it's dumped or not.

Example, when my trucks layed out parked in the garage, its wicked deep and loud.. once I air up to ride height, it's a little less.

So for the guys with lifts on their trucks, compared to stock height or lowered, there will be a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
no mines louder....nooo mines louder....f u mines louder....you guys kill me....lol
no kidding! :bangit: louder not = better (for some). tone is more important to others and a very personal choice :rollingey

btw here's stock vs. bullet cold startup clip :teethmast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PSu9MHE_4g

*EDIT: btw i think i had just the windows rolled down w/ stock but had the door open w/ the bullet*

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
dont you like startin that baby up.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
since i put my single bullet back on it kinda didn't sound the same. just alil different sounding. so i finally went under and felt her out for leaks and sure nuff there's a leak around the passenger side flange. give it alil gas and it's comin out pretty damn good. removing resos this weekend so i get it fixed then, but i heard that gaskets used other than factory suck, so check your flanges for leaks. have a friend rev it while you move your hand over and around the flanges and see if there's any air blowin out.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
for the record, i'm a sarcastic MOTHERF*CKER... adding fuel to the fire in this pissing match has been enjoyable... it's hilarious reading all these posts on this one being better, that one being better, what f*cking flows better, what cooks eggs better, what turns on the women better, what exhaust gets you laid, etc... i fuel it to read all the douchebag experts post their views... as mcpherson and the fonz have said, to each their own. i absolutely love my setup and i'm not exactly wanting to drop another dime right now to try another one. mine sounds B!TCHIN, firelife's sounds b!tchin', eddie's sounds b!tchin, a-mc's sounds B!TcHIN so on and so forth... and unless any of you f*ckers are around me my titan is the f*cking loudest! :kiss:

i want to thank you all for participating in this piss match... and i laugh at ALL of you that took any of this way too seriously!

·
Registered
152 Posts
X3!!! What he said. ;)

Seriously! I've been on message boards for various vehicles and purposes for years. I always looked at it as a good way to pass time at work seeking "helpful" information on topics I'm interested in or modifications I was curious about making. Most people seem to be on the same level. Some seem to have an obsessive, psuedo psychotic approach to posts that seem to equate to nothing more than..."Look at me, I know everything, I'm proving you wrong....I'm sexually frustrated, unhappy in my relationship\career\outlook on life and feel it's MY DUTY to attack insignificant posts about what should be considered a hobby, and thrust my God-like superiority onto the un-worthy posters...

:ftard::ftard:

It's a truck folks. Means of transportation that can be modified to create a focus to fill the dark times with something fun and exciting while wading through this sea of ****, life tends to bring. Death, Dishonor, Incorrect logic in a message post? Don't recall that last one being significant to anyone other than...(insert obnoxious know it all here)

Enjoy your day! :)

~J.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
... it's hilarious reading all these posts on this one being better, that one being better, what f*cking flows better, what cooks eggs better, what turns on the women better, what exhaust gets you laid, etc...
i want to thank you all for participating in this piss match..
:dunno: did i miss something? are there deleted posts that i didn't catch? cuz i don't see any pissin' or pot stirrin' of any kind from all but one mofo here :hi:

you might be happy (or not) to know that while innocently cruising (30mph) through some streets, i angered a car alarm and it chirped at me. even though i said it was never my intent to set off car alarms, secretly i kinda likeded it :thedevil: :coolsmile :eveilgrin :eyebrow:

·
Registered
152 Posts
LOL! I didn't read back on his comment either. I was merely agreeing with the logic that some people take message boards WAY too seriously. ;)

~J.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Eddie asked me to post this on the main Bullet thread for reference, so here ya go. ;)

Exhaust Specifics: Stock 2.00" piping from the flange to a 2.25" Flowmaster Y-Pipe with 3.00" out to a Dynomax Race Bullet 3.00" IN \ 3"00 OUT, to a 3.00" IN/ 3.00" OUT Dynomax turn down cut with style, before the rear axle.

I finally found a place I trust to do a quality job, and after a 1.5 hour wait, watching her sit up on the lift for a while with apprehension, it all faded away when I saw the quality of the work. Money's worth and then some! That lead to 2.5 hours of documenting every step, verifying the steps and time they took to ensure every inch of the setup was sound, all the while pretty impressed with their using professional welds, attention to detail, custom fabrication of each piece, with putting it on, and taking it off about 8 to 10 times to get it perfect...

First Day Drive Impressions: Initial start up was music to my ears. Slight popping with some revs, and a lightly choking feel due to a lack of intake, but as i eased her onto the road and heard the sweet sound of the bullet at various rpm ranges, I was a kid in a candy store, doors locked, appetite for destruction engaged.

She seems a bit choked on the intake side. Stock air filter will do that, but gives me a good base to judge improvement as I jump to a better filter and finally a cai. Drone is minimal, if any, and growl at start up is worth the price of admission. At first I regretted sticking with the 2 inch pipes from the flange. Felt she was choking a bit. Straight idle needs to breath better. Easing off the throttle leads to brief silence. I learned to appreciate that fact as I passed a major accident, going stealth during the drive in front of the numerous police there. She hisses quietly when you ease off the throttle, and by the end of the night, I appreciated it.

My only issue now is straight idle needs to be a tad more throaty. I assume with better air flow and break in time, it will be close to where I want it. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond crazy for the exhaust tone throughout the power range! WOT is addictive! Man! Nascar meets throaty growl on steroids with a synergy of V8 bark interlaced with a Banks like tone quality ramped up 20dbs...Honestly...I've never experienced anything like it before and it left me feeling satisfied in a way FM never did. Flowmaster what? J. is officially converted...for now.

Overall I'm beyond stoked about this setup and given the parts were $115.00 and the labor was $140.00, This $255.00 dollar sound beats EVERY Flowmaster setup I ever had on my Mustang, Lightning, and Dodge Hemi! Period!

If you're on the fence about exhaust options, follow this setup. Go with 2.25 piping if you want, but I'm cool with the 2.00". Larger diameter may yield a slightly more billowy idle, but I can't imagine it being too much better than it is.

Thanks to Eddie for all his help, along with the rest of the guys posting on the other big Bullet thread. You guys helped make my birthday a great one! Add to that my girlfriend bought me a camcorder, and a Nextar GPS device I have yet to setup, I'd say 35 is going to be a very good year!

Overall...I am beyond satisfied with the end result, impressed with the quality of the installation and appreciative of the super cool attitude of the shop!

On to the the pics...

I took over 80+ cell phone pics, standing in the shop, keeping out of the way but making it obvious I want detailed pics to post something other than the typical "before and after" shots, and the guys couldn't have been more cool about it.

See pics here...

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/92127-dynomax-race-bullet-installation-redemption.html

·
Registered
346 Posts
I still can't understand how an exhaust thread can get me so excited (LOL) ...:redblob"

Good write up bro! Still not sure which to go with, it is between bullet and spintech...:confused::confused:

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I still can't understand how an exhaust thread can get me so excited (LOL) ...:redblob"

Good write up bro! Still not sure which to go with, it is between bullet and spintech...:confused::confused:
I cant decide either. I think I'm gonna try the bullet since its only $40.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I cant decide either. I think I'm gonna try the bullet since its only $40.
i'm not sure about any AZ guys w/ spintech but looks like there's a couple AZ guys who either have or are getting a bullet (landshark and skumbag). maybe try to meet up and take a listen?

if you end up not liking the bullet do they usually charge full price to swap it back out for something' else?

421 - 440 of 1590 Posts