Nissan Titan Forum banner

for those who are currently running a Bullet muffler, how do you rate it

1581 - 1590 of 1590 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got a single 3 inch bullet and flow master y pipe put on with a turn down today, it sounds so mean but has a little pop to it. I'll get some vids up soon.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,582 ·
Got a single 3 inch bullet and flow master y pipe put on with a turn down today, it sounds so mean but has a little pop to it. I'll get some vids up soon.
Get a reso tip from autozone and weld it on. It will not make it quiet at all. Itll just smooth out the tone and get rid of that pop. Trust me it'll still be loud and deep, without the pop.

Sent from another Galaxy

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,584 ·

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
anyone besides Rybo currently have these on their T? these are loud as hell and very deep too. i'm debating on spintech or these bullets. i'm leanin more towards these bullets because they are priced between $40-$50 and i want to run a dual set-up. i'm not sure if they out perform spintech but i don't really care about that stuff. as long as it performs better than my FM40 and be louder & deeper i'm happy. i'm lifted on 37's and never really drive faster than 70mph anyway. i like to cruise it & bruise it! so if anyone has any feed back on these bullets i'd appreciate it.
I have the Bullets and love it!....LOVE IT! I use to be a big Flowmaster freak but once these things fire up on your T, small children and woman go running lol! F-ing awesome! I did the setup that Eddie had several pages back. Flowmaster scavenger pipe, Race bullet and 5" tip. If you want it to rumble, this will set you straight.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Look up true dual aero turbine nissan titan on youtube. I have that set up now. Has alot of cis at high rpm but at low its extremely deep growl and pretty loud. I can take a vid and post it but may take a little bit. If you plan on doing headers or bpipes later do not do this set up. It doesnt work with them thats why im switching now. If you like the sound of the aero mufflers im swapping to a single 3" inlet dual 2.5" outlet borla proxs soon and will sell you mine(used for less then a year) for pretty cheap. Paid $88 a pop will take $80+ shipping for both. Theres no packing. They're about 19" long 2.5" in and out 6" hollow shell with airfoil to create a vacum in your exhaust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is the exact setup I went with, I ran with 2.5 tubing from the cats back to the
X-pipe -(Magnaflow part #10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" inlet/outlet ) then to the Bullets (Dynomax Bullets part #24222 3'' inlet/outlet) then 2.5 tubing to the Tips out the rear
(3" x 13" Wickedflow Double Wall Rolled Stainless Exhaust Tips) they are RESONATED the outlet of the tips ends up being 3.75'', When you put the tips up beside the bullets they are almost the same size its almost like running two bullets inline it gives it a nice Purrrrrr. Here is a ebay link to the seller of the tips I used this one is still active as of today.
3" x 13" Double Wall Rolled Stainless Exhaust Tips Pair | eBay[/QUOTE]

To revive an old but never ending thread, does anyone have a sound clip of the set up above? I'd really like to get an idea of the sound before I pull the trigger

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had the bullet installed today sounds great. Have it dumped before axle with a turn down the shop fab. Definitely will look in to resonated tip try and tone out the popping sound. I brought in my vibrant Y pipe 2.5-3" and the shop said they couldn't put it on due to the two inlets being to close for them to weld. Anyone have a problem like that? Time for new shop?? Lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
After almost all of these pages over the period of two weeks! Lol I took off my flow masters dual in single out and went dual 3"bullets. I have an 07 with the true duals. I kept the stock pipe size as the my exhaust guy that has done my other trucks and cars said I would loose low end of I go bigger without modding the engine. Got a 2.25xpipe then stock piping to the bullets then dumped before the axle with 3" turn down I had ordered the dc sport ex-1015 tips the turn and burn also got but they're huge. The inlet is massive and said he wouldn't be able to weld it shut just tack weld it on there so it doesn't fall off. I drove the truck around with no tips just turned and it sounded really good, till you get on it and cis kicks in. We test fitted the tips and it cleaned it up really really good but he couldn't weld well he could but it would crappy cause of the large gap. So went to a local pepboys and picked up the dc 1010s race series resonated tip with a 3" Inlet. He welded that one and and cleaned up completely it sounds real good but now it's not as loud as it was with no tips. Is this because of the short tip with smaller outlet?

I didn't think of this till now but I think I could have told him to widen the 3" turn down to a 4" and weld the 1015 tips on there no? But not sure if it would stil quiet it down. Cause I read on all these pages that a resonated tip shouldn't quiet it down but it did a little. Glad the cis is finally gone now not so embarrassed when I gun it lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bump for some input

1581 - 1590 of 1590 Posts