Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 04 Titan 4x4 and am looking at doing dual side exits, really would like to do the dynomax bullet 3in/3out and slash cut tips for this (dont think resonated tip would look good for duals..) but not sure what set up to do for this that would make it sound good and keep it deep. Dont want it raspy. My buddy just got a dual flowmaster 40 on his Tahoe ... aint really loud enough for me.

Some options i came up with:

- cut stock muffler off, leave stock piping up until the bullet, then Y pipe out to dual side exits, slash cut tips.

- Flowmaster Y collector (2.25" inlet to 3" outlet ) into bullet, Y pipe out, side exits, slash cut tips.

- Cut stock pipe before Y and run two separate pipes down the truck, two bullets, Side exits, Slash cut tips.

Which would sound best??

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOVE the sound of this thing - YouTube - Nissan Titan mystery exhaust SYSTEM

Dont really want to do cat back system... more so muffler back. Anybody have a suggestion on what muffler to get to achieve this deep/loud/ aggressive sound.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i would do option 3, true duals. resonated tips are for sound, not looks. it'll smoothen it out plus make it slightly deeper. it'll make a huge difference, trust me. if you don't care too much about sound control, then go with the slash cuts. for more info jump on that dynomax bullet thread. plenty of info and feedback.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eddie, What size piping would you recommend running on a true dual? I know the 3in/3out part#24222 is the bullet to get when dumping. Should i just get two of those? or go down to a 2.5"?

The flowmaster 40s sound pretty deep, just not quite loud enough. Hope these bullets do the job

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i did 2.25 with an X pipe to dual 3" bullets.
if i would do it again, i would do 2.25 from the flange to the X, then 2.50 pipe from the X to the 3" bullets.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and back down to 2.50 out of the bullets or 3"?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you don't do the resonated tip, you'll get the CIS sound. It doesn't matter if it's dumped, side exit, or rear exit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
fords and titans do not sound the same. put a bullet on a ford and a bullet on a titan, they will sound different. trust your titan bruthrs and don't go off videos of other trucks. oh yea, 3" pipe after the bullets.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
and dual bullets hardly have any CIS, but the resonated tip just makes any exhaust sound better. trust me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Please, if you don't follow our advice on anything else, follow it on this, get the resonated tips if you do the bullet. You'll thank us later. Ditto on what Eddie said about the difference with the sounds of the trucks. Whatever you decide to do, let us know and post pics/vids. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
192 Posts
fords and titans do not sound the same. put a bullet on a ford and a bullet on a titan, they will sound different. trust your titan bruthrs and don't go off videos of other trucks. oh yea, 3" pipe after the bullets.
This! :eyebrow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts