Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, and gals. I'm thinking about purchasing a Dyson, but before I spend $400 on a vacuum cleaner, I was wondering if any of you have them, and are they worth it? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The Dyson vacuums suck. They suck awesomely. You really should get one, we've had one for at least 4-5 years now and it still works great. It's amazing how much more crap they get up compared to a typical vacuum, if you do get one you should vacuum with your current vacuum first and then go over it with the Dyson to see how much your old vacuum leaves behind. If ours ever breaks we'll buy another for sure.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
We have a Dyson vacuum, its pretty good. I spent a good while reading reviews off some consumer websites before we bought ours, a lot of people are happy with theirs, and I am convinced the folks who arent, are idiots who have broken theirs.

I remember specifically reading one guys review where he says the pedal to release the vacuum was stiff, and required him mashing down on it with his foot, and now his dyson makes a grinding noise. A simple investigation of the vacuum shows no pedal at all to release the vacuum, you just lean it back and drop the front with your foot lightly. The grinding noise is because he stomped on it and broke something.

I would say we have had our for about 3 years, and it still runs great. I agree with Yahoo, if it ever does break, I will be in line for a second one. By the way, Bath and Body works will send out 20% off coupons all the time that help ease the cost of the dyson.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Best darn vaccum cleaner ever (on a side note, this is embarassing as hell to be asking questions about vaccums on a truck site, much worse so that we are excited about them and responding).

Regardless, it is an incredible vaccum cleaner. Like yahoo said, vaccum with the old one first, then the dyson. It is pretty amazing. We got one off ebay for about $150 less and it was a refurb, however, it still held the original warranty and we have not had one problem with it. In fact, I have broken the little clip that holds the attachment tool to the vaccum a couple of times during out four years of ownership, and they have replaced it for free, no questions asked, just sent them out. I even complained that they sent the wrong part once (they didn't, it was my bone headed move and didn't see how to put it on) and they sent me a free attachment and hepa filter. If you have pets, this thing is a must.

Sometimes, woot.com or sellout.woot.com has them for realllllllll cheap.

·
Premium Member
92,464 Posts
Ok.. so what do you guys know about blenders?

Uh, any make-up consultants in here?

How about fudge packers? Any fudge packers here? :huh:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Any fudge packers here? :huh:
Only you BB, only you...
Be nice.

I got the wifey one for XMas (HEY - SHE ASKED) and the thing is great. We had a Windtunnel before and the Dyson blows (sucks?) it away. WorstBuy online was running a special around the holidays that was pretty good. My sister has a refurb that she has had no issues with.
Totally worth the price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife and I were given the Dyson Animal Ball (Dyson DC25 Animal Dyson Ball : Chefs Corner) as a gift just after we got married.

It's AMAZING. It's actually pretty gross how much stuff it gets out of the carpet. We tested it when we first got it by vacuuming the whole apartment with our old vacuum, and then going over it again with the Dyson. The old one barely got anything, while the Dyson picked up 4 canister's worth of dirt...

·
Premium Member
57,711 Posts
My wife and I were given the Dyson Animal Ball (Dyson DC25 Animal Dyson Ball : Chefs Corner) as a gift just after we got married.

It's AMAZING. It's actually pretty gross how much stuff it gets out of the carpet. We tested it when we first got it by vacuuming the whole apartment with our old vacuum, and then going over it again with the Dyson. The old one barely got anything, while the Dyson picked up 4 canister's worth of dirt...
Wow. The picture in your sig really illustrates why Titans need leveling.

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
had a dyson which replaced my dirt devil.... and i thought it rocked .. untili got a kirby....dyson does not lose suction but starts off with less suction than the kirby.. even when the bag in the kirby is full.. the kirby still has more suction... but for 400 bucks its a huge upgrade from other vacs.. the only thing i really miss about the dyson is being able to use the hose and attachment in a matter of seconds. I know this thread is not a dyson/kirby comparo but here is a link anyway ...now of course if you do a search you will find lots of stuff that say kirby is better and lots of stuff that say dyson is better .

Kirby vs. Dyson Vacuum Review

here is the consumer reports take on vacs

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,739 Posts
OK will this all just SUCKS ...

·
Premium Member
57,711 Posts

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the info! I knew you guys would come through for me, BTW, for all you haters, I will also be using the Dyson to vacuum out my TITAN as well. So it's not that gay after all. :tongue:

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
The Dyson is pretty good. I had to gut and rebuild the interior of 2-exterior walls so there was alot of Insultation and Sheetrock Dust. I "modified" my Dyson to make it more powerful than my big Rigid Shop Vac until I was done, it took me a few months to finish rebuilding the walls. The vaccum filter required heavy cleaning with every single time I emptied the tank but that puppy was working so well that it was also filling with carpet fibers. Let's just say I know that I don't have one spec of sheetrock dust remaining anywhere. :D

Here's my Mod thread on it: Anyone got a Dyson?? - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow. The picture in your sig really illustrates why Titans need leveling.

Sorry for the hijack.
That is an interesting picture, you're right it does!

·
Registered
917 Posts
dude go on ebay and buy an old moddle kirby they really suck I bought a G-5 and it sucks so hard that you can see the carpet pull up when you go over it... Also, I got my G-5 for 250 shipped and a 1 year warrenty from ebay...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those Pro-4x's are fairly level compared to all the rest, almost like a PRG'd '04-'07. His front is in a bit deeper water than the back.
You're right, the front is in water that is quite a bit deeper. You can tell by looking at how high the water is on the wheels.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.