Hey, that's great!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E-85 IS great. It is a brand new technology that will only improve with time. The MPG will improve. It will allow our country to be less dependent on not so friendly neighbors. Most of the naysayers are lobbied by big oil companies wanting to squash a new technology that will affect the big oil companies negatively in the future.

Whether you like E-85 or not it is here to stay.

Ugas will begin putting in more pumps and trucks throughout Florida and we will be there to "A$$i$t" them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
SoBeGraphics said:
E-85 IS great. It is a brand new technology that will only improve with time. The MPG will improve. It will allow our country to be less dependent on not so friendly neighbors. Most of the naysayers are lobbied by big oil companies wanting to squash a new technology that will affect the big oil companies negatively in the future.

Whether you like E-85 or not it is here to stay.

Ugas will begin putting in more pumps and trucks throughout Florida and we will be there to "A$$i$t" them.
Brand new technology??? Alcohol has been around forever.

MPG will improve??? How? The energy content of alcohol is 30% lower than gasoline. Nothing can change that.

This naysayer says subsidizing fuel prices with food is bad policy. Now rising grain prices are a hot topic. As they say, there is no free lunch.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Again, people are confused as to why ethanol is a good thing. It's not for better MPG.

It's to cease our dependence on a non-renewable resource, particularly from foreign sources.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
todd92 said:
Brand new technology??? Alcohol has been around forever.

MPG will improve??? How? The energy content of alcohol is 30% lower than gasoline. Nothing can change that.

This naysayer says subsidizing fuel prices with food is bad policy. Now rising grain prices are a hot topic. As they say, there is no free lunch.
I have to agree. Unless ethanol can be economically produced from a "waste" product rather than a primary food product, without tax subsidies, then there is little gained with the ethanol program. Even if all US corn were used to produce ethanol, estimates are that the amount of ethanol produced would only account for about 10-15% of our daily energy needs. Expansion of tillable soil to increase corn production is a threat to our wetlands and a variety of other issues that go undiscussed in the headline media.

Congratulations on the graphics work though. It's nice to get those design wins.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
matthews said:
Again, people are confused as to why ethanol is a good thing. It's not for better MPG.

It's to cease our dependence on a non-renewable resource, particularly from foreign sources.
Sorry, but there's not enough vacant land on the planet to grow enough corn to make us less dependant on oil products. That's a known fact yet these tree huggers, like the dolts that can't grasp that global warming is a naturally occuring event, continue to push corn and cattle prices through the roof. Great going!:flame:

Sorry SoBeGraphics. I didn't mean to go off on a tangent here. Congrats!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: 3 years later and E85 IS a FLOP. Looked good at first but not so much anymore. Anyways I was more excited about the additional work and not so much about the technology.

Also the news links are dead so if you want to see the work we did please visit - SoBeGraphics.com Gallery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.