1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of info you are looking for, and what you mean by "is that something I need if you have the Pro-4x version". The Pro-4x model Titan has the e-locker from the factory, so you should have one on your truck. It is an electronic locking rear differential that you can activate while in 4-lo. "Locking differential" means that when the locker is engaged, both rear wheels will always spin at the same rate. It is not an additional gear or anything like that, it just stops you from getting the "one-wheel peel" when one wheel starts to spin. This is really helpful in serious offroad conditions when your wheels are spinning and you can't get traction. When the locker is not engaged, the differential works as a normal open dif. So I guess to answer your question, you already have the e-locker, and you don't "need" it if the locker doesn't work. You could drive your truck with a normal open dif if the e-locker didn't work, or you could even remove it completely by swapping for an aftermarket dif. I hope this helps.

Reactions: tuffmag

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I did find this link, but is that all there is to it? What's an E-Locker?
I just saw your edit and yes, that's all there is to it. :cheers:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you that was the answer I needed....:redblob"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts