Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Titan on February 6. I was told by my dealer yesterday that my Titan is due in on April 23. I thought that I read on here somewhere that those who placed an order for their Titan had their delivery date moved closer as time went by. I already have a VIN number. Does anyone have information as to whether or not I can expect my Titan 1-2 weeks before April 23?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
militia_man said:
I ordered my Titan on February 6. I was told by my dealer yesterday that my Titan is due in on April 23. I thought that I read on here somewhere that those who placed an order for their Titan had their delivery date moved closer as time went by. I already have a VIN number. Does anyone have information as to whether or not I can expect my Titan 1-2 weeks before April 23?
Here some info.
I as given a date of Feb. 28th for delivery. It got move up two times. It went from the 28th to the 23rd to the 18th! And it showed up alot faster then that!! Because it was at the dealer for me to drive home on the 10TH! So you bet it can come alot sooner for ya! I Hope it Dose!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
183 Posts
MM...

I also placed my order on Feb 6th

My dealer informed me last Thursday my vehicle would be here April 9th.

(This according to the first record of its arrival)

I also inquired about the date shifting and she replied yes - that happens regularly at this dealership as well...

So go get that garage cleaned up Mister!

·
Registered
548 Posts
order date 03/18/04

militia_man said:
I orrdered mine last week and they called and asked me if i wanted copper instead of silver and i said no ty and they asked if i wanted a bed extender and i said no ty and they said if i wanted that bed extender it would be built this week or next at the latest so they really must be turning them out now!
my order says prod date of 05/04 eta says 06/04
but he said don't be surprised if it shows up in early april i said cool deal
they are not installing xm at the factory they only pre-wire them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Be careful dcrobt, I think the dealer may be giving you a line of BS. :huh:

Most everyone on this board who've special ordered their Titans have waiting about 2 - 2 1/2 months for their truck to arrive. Most are told that the wait will be 90 days with the thinking that it's better to tell a customer 90 days and it come in in 70, than say 30 days and it be 70!

I don't know when the open order period closed (dealers only have a week or two order window each month to place orders), but it opened 3/5. If your order confirmation said that the production month is May '04, then the truck will be produced in May, not March or early April. If it's produced in May, than you'll get it in early June.

The only exception is if the dealer happened to have order the exact same truck as what you want a couple months ago, to be delivered in April. But this is unlikely.

I don't want to rain on your parade, and, please, if anyone has any corrections or better info on my comments, please say so. But sometimes dealers will be way,way optomistic in order to make a sale. I don't want you to be blowing your brains out :gunz: in May because you found out you have to wait until June... :crying:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am willing to bet the addition of an acessory especially a 1 minute install does not affect your place in the production line.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to "hijack" a truck already coming off the line that meets your specs. No difference really but it sounds like they are watching whats out there and trying to get you your truck faster than order/build method.

dcrobt said:
I orrdered mine last week and they called and asked me if i wanted copper instead of silver and i said no ty and they asked if i wanted a bed extender and i said no ty and they said if i wanted that bed extender it would be built this week or next at the latest so they really must be turning them out now!
my order says prod date of 05/04 eta says 06/04
but he said don't be surprised if it shows up in early april i said cool deal
they are not installing xm at the factory they only pre-wire them.

·
Registered
548 Posts
monte carlo ss pace car

geece1 said:
I am willing to bet the addition of an acessory especially a 1 minute install does not affect your place in the production line.

Sounds like your dealer is trying to "hijack" a truck already coming off the line that meets your specs. No difference really but it sounds like they are watching whats out there and trying to get you your truck faster than order/build method.
i was told again that it would be built this month and eta will be 04/04
but i told them i'm not in a big hurry until i sell or trade my new monte pacer.
I just got it now i have to sell or trade it in order to get the titan
we have not talked price either way so we need to get busy this week i think.
my car is in all of the magazines and I've had zero interest in it so i might have to get a 2005 model. etc.

·
Registered
548 Posts
dcrobt said:
i was told again that it would be built this month and eta will be 04/04
but i told them i'm not in a big hurry until i sell or trade my new monte pacer.
I just got it now i have to sell or trade it in order to get the titan
we have not talked price either way so we need to get busy this week i think.
my car is in all of the magazines and I've had zero interest in it so i might have to get a 2005 model. etc.
they ordered it on 03/05/04 but my paper says they ordered it on 03/18/04.
they called and asked me if i wanted copper instead of silver and i said no thanks and then he said if i got one with a bed extender it would bump me up on the line in april now he said it was def being built this week but like i said we need to get rid of my car and neg a deal too.
thanks for the info

·
Registered
548 Posts
$1,500 faster

dcrobt said:
they ordered it on 03/05/04 but my paper says they ordered it on 03/18/04.
they called and asked me if i wanted copper instead of silver and i said no thanks and then he said if i got one with a bed extender it would bump me up on the line in april now he said it was def being built this week but like i said we need to get rid of my car and neg a deal too.
thanks for the info
they said if i had put $1,500 deposit on it, i would already have a VIN number and my truck by the end of the month.
but i told them the truth i already had a new car and needed to get rid of one note before i try to get a new one.
anyway, honest truth from me

·
Registered
548 Posts
order

dcrobt said:
they said if i had put $1,500 deposit on it, i would already have a VIN number and my truck by the end of the month.
but i told them the truth i already had a new car and needed to get rid of one note before i try to get a new one.
anyway, honest truth from me
order number at top
$36,290 msrp
eta 06/04
prod month 05/04
date ordered 03/18/04

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
found one

dcrobt said:
order number at top
$36,290 msrp
eta 06/04
prod month 05/04
date ordered 03/18/04
i found one just exactly like it at
Landers nissan in southaven,ms
but they are only discounting it 3,000 lol
no ty

·
Registered
183 Posts
Believe me, I don't doubt your honesty!!! Something from the dealer sounds fishy, though!

Yes, the order confirmation will give you the date it was confirmed by the dealership, but the "Ordered On:" date is the date it was ordered. All the orders are computerized, so the order date is the order date, period. If the order date says 3/18, than it was ordered on 3/18. Mine says 3/5 and the dealer confirmed that with a fax.

I agree with Geece1 that it's possible that the dealer may be trying to get a truck that's already been produced that meets your specs, except the bed extender.

But, I think this is sounding more and more like dealer pressure for you to put a deposit and confirm a sale. I did put a deposit down on my truck order, which I think is reasonable for a special order.

But, if you want a very specific truck (ext/int color, packages, etc.) and are planning to get the truck on that order form, please don't believe the dealer that says it will be produced next week when the ORDER CONFIRMATION says the production month is May '04. Again, computer printouts do not lie.

·
Registered
548 Posts
delivery

titanjbc said:
Believe me, I don't doubt your honesty!!! Something from the dealer sounds fishy, though!

Yes, the order confirmation will give you the date it was confirmed by the dealership, but the "Ordered On:" date is the date it was ordered. All the orders are computerized, so the order date is the order date, period. If the order date says 3/18, than it was ordered on 3/18. Mine says 3/5 and the dealer confirmed that with a fax.

I agree with Geece1 that it's possible that the dealer may be trying to get a truck that's already been produced that meets your specs, except the bed extender.

But, I think this is sounding more and more like dealer pressure for you to put a deposit and confirm a sale. I did put a deposit down on my truck order, which I think is reasonable for a special order.

But, if you want a very specific truck (ext/int color, packages, etc.) and are planning to get the truck on that order form, please don't believe the dealer that says it will be produced next week when the ORDER CONFIRMATION says the production month is May '04. Again, computer printouts do not lie.
I spec'ed it out on 03/03
the order went in 03/05 but you were right it says ordered on 03/18/04
i found one in MS. for 4,000 off msrp and no dealer markup too so they might just be stuck with it if i can make a deal/trade for theris. the main reason i wanted to order one was to get xm sat radio from the factory like my monte carlo ss pace car has.
i def do not want that bed extender i will prob sell it if i have to end up buying it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
pressure

dcrobt said:
i found one in MS. for 4,000 off msrp and no dealer markup too so they might just be stuck with it if i can make a deal/trade for theris. the main reason i wanted to order one was to get xm sat radio from the factory like my monte carlo ss pace car has.
i def do not want that bed extender i will prob sell it if i have to end up buying it.
I have bought a nissan truck from them before and they did not ask for any money down then either.
they said 1,500 would move me further up though!!!
thanks again sir!

·
Registered
548 Posts
titanjbc said:
Be careful dcrobt, I think the dealer may be giving you a line of BS. :huh:

Most everyone on this board who've special ordered their Titans have waiting about 2 - 2 1/2 months for their truck to arrive. Most are told that the wait will be 90 days with the thinking that it's better to tell a customer 90 days and it come in in 70, than say 30 days and it be 70!

I don't know when the open order period closed (dealers only have a week or two order window each month to place orders), but it opened 3/5. If your order confirmation said that the production month is May '04, then the truck will be produced in May, not March or early April. If it's produced in May, than you'll get it in early June.

The only exception is if the dealer happened to have order the exact same truck as what you want a couple months ago, to be delivered in April. But this is unlikely.

I don't want to rain on your parade, and, please, if anyone has any corrections or better info on my comments, please say so. But sometimes dealers will be way,way optomistic in order to make a sale. I don't want you to be blowing your brains out :gunz: in May because you found out you have to wait until June... :crying:
he just told me it was going to be built this week
eta is 04/1604
they already had one in the system
he said i might even get mine before you do even with your deposit!
but he could be lying too i'm in no hurry
i need to sell my car really bad now!!!!!
hurrah!
thank you again

·
Registered
548 Posts
04/16/04

dcrobt said:
he just told me it was going to be built this week
eta is 04/16/04
they already had one in the system
he said i might even get mine before you do even with your deposit!
but he could be lying too i'm in no hurry
i need to sell my car really bad now!!!!!
hurrah!
thank you again
nc sales mgr.
mr. david kirby
bluff city nissan
memphis, tn
901 745-9600

xm is still a dealer installed option
i also live about 300 miles away from canton,ms plant too

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the heads up on titantalk.com

dcrobt said:
hey dcrobt,
hey this is your salesman at bluff city nissan.thanks for the heads up about titan talk... this is a great forum. i was reading your post and saw that you might purchase a titan elsewhere, and we understand that you are looking for your best deal. if you get one before the one you ordered from us comes in, dont worry ,we wont be stuck with it for long....lol
thanks again,
:smoke:

·
Registered
78 Posts
gsxr1000 said:
I ordered mine on Feb 6th and my dealer still doesnt have a VIN :(

gxtr... I'd check into that, sounds a little fishy.

I ordered mine 1-2-04
"Born on" 2-20-04
Delivered (in Florida) 2-24-04

·
Registered
17 Posts
I learned that Nissan dealers can only order Titans once per month. There are two cycles. The first week or the third week of the month. So if you order on the 10th of the month, your order may not go in until the 2nd or 3rd of the following month. You should ask your dealer what cycle he's on.

I ordered mine on Feb 28th, so the order should have gone in a few days later. I'll have to call and see what he shows as a delivery date. Hope it's soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts