Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding some electronics ot my truck and want the switches on my overhead console.

Basically in need to run about a dozen wires from my glove box area to my overhead console. I have done this before on other cars and a four door i did it on, it was easier to run the wires in the pillar betwween the front and rear doors. On a coupe one time ,it was actually easier to go behind the door rather than up the front pillar.

I have terrible luck with cracking the little tabs and crap on factory interior pieces when I mess with them and while i realize the shortest way to run the wires is up thru the forward pillar, it also looks to me that that may be a difficult way to go considering how much plastic is there. Im not looking for the shortest route, just the path of least resistance.

Can anyone advise me?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I am adding some electronics ot my truck and want the switches on my overhead console.

Basically in need to run about a dozen wires from my glove box area to my overhead console. I have done this before on other cars and a four door i did it on, it was easier to run the wires in the pillar betwween the front and rear doors. On a coupe one time ,it was actually easier to go behind the door rather than up the front pillar.

I have terrible luck with cracking the little tabs and crap on factory interior pieces when I mess with them and while i realize the shortest way to run the wires is up thru the forward pillar, it also looks to me that that may be a difficult way to go considering how much plastic is there. Im not looking for the shortest route, just the path of least resistance.

Can anyone advise me?
The piller handle has two bolts that hold it on. Be careful, because the tabs that cover the bolt are attached, unless you pull to hard. The piller comes off pretty easily after you remove the bolts. The headliner is like cardboard, so you have to be easy with it. I ran the HDMI cable down for the Bully Dog GT without any problems. It's really not too difficult. Just be gentle and treat her like its the first time :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really not too difficult. Just be gentle and treat her like its the first time :)
HA. Thanks for the advice. This is my problem. Ive owned a bunch of different vehicles and at some point I took interior pieces off of all of them. To date i dont think I have ever successfully taken a single piece off without breaking a tab or something.

I appreciate the insight. I have a couple of projects going right now and this will probably get done sometime this week. I'll try and be gentle and fight the urge to pound it out like a sewing machine.:redblob"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts