Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I locked my keys in the truck. My friend suggested that I try to use the back sliding window to get in. I never thought it would work because it looks like such a small hole. Sure enough he was right. I slid the back window open (even though it was closed to start off with) and slid right in. Im not that small either, 5'11" 180lbs. I so much room that even if I weighed 200, I could fit in. I was amazed at first but then I realized that if anyone wanted to break in...it was just as easy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah those rear sliders have always been a popular way to get into a truck. Too bad the Titan hasn't found a way to fix that.

I'm glad mine's got the power rear.... now I'll just wait to find broken glass someday and lose my mind...

Cheers,
-Josh

·
Registered
18 Posts
Screw it! that's what insurance is for...i love my (auto) rear slider.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
This has been mentioned before. Stop at the paint store and get a wooden paint stir stick and drop it in the sliding track of the window. It will keep the window from being slid open. You can easily remove it if you want to open the window for ventilation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This has been mentioned before. Stop at the paint store and get a wooden paint stir stick and drop it in the sliding track of the window. It will keep the window from being slid open. You can easily remove it if you want to open the window for ventilation.

Good idea! Thank you.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
happened to me once. I was travelling and stopped at a gas station. My dog stepped on the lock button with the keys inside and i was like ****. I ended up sliding the back window open and used a broom handle to unlock the door.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Yes, this was suggested years ago. Crack the paint stir stick in half along its length, and it drops in the track and can't be seen.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I got locked out once when I was at the dentist. I did all that I could but that window refuse to budge so my dentist decided to take me home to get my spare keys.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
happened to me once. I was travelling and stopped at a gas station. My dog stepped on the lock button with the keys inside and i was like ****. I ended up sliding the back window open and used a broom handle to unlock the door.
now thats funny

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Why?

I have the rear slider. There's no way I'd ever fit thru that thing. Guess I better go get me a stick.
Because I live in northern WI and crime isn't an issue around here as far as vehicle or house break-ins are concerned. My house and garage doors are left unlocked half the time as well. ATV sits in the garage with the keys in it 24/7 also.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Because I live in northern WI and crime isn't an issue around here as far as vehicle or house break-ins are concerned. My house and garage doors are left unlocked half the time as well. ATV sits in the garage with the keys in it 24/7 also.
There's always a first time. I lived in rural Idaho most of my youth and we didn't lock anything either. I know you shouldn't live your life in fear, but working for three years in the home security industry opened my eyes to some stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
and what is you address (EXACT)??????

Just kidding, I remember being young, we never locked anything, house, cars, anything, or took the keys out.

My how times change. :crying:

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Between my parents house and mine... 30+ years of never locking anything.

My address is

Unlocked Doors
555 Anystreet
Anytown, WI 55555

:teethmast

1 - 20 of 31 Posts