Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know if anyone running an Eaton Trutrac is experiencing oversteer in general driving?

I had Truetrac installed 3-4 years ago, and have felt it has been overly-aggressive in its locking behavior.
The truck currently has BFG KO2's with less than 10K miles on them.

For example, turning left from a side street across one lane, the tires will bark in the dry, and the truck will oversteer in the wet. This is when driving super carefully, not at all giving too much throttle.

Lately it has begun to be even scarier, the truck is oversteering on sweeping curves in the rain. For example, if I leave a freeway onto a gentle curving exit, in the rain, that has a speed limit of 45, even at 40 the back end will start to come around, COASTING. If I were to go 45 or more, the truck will enter a drift, unprovoked. Just coasting!

Even in the dry, sometimes the truck exhibits a spooky tendency to feel eager to oversteer ever so slightly, of course in the dry it doesn't.

A year ago I took it back to the shop that installed it, I had them confirm it has "the right oil" in it. It's my guess that the type of oil in the Truetrac probably is important to the locking function.

Anyways, with winter setting in, I don't think my truck will be safe in the winter.

Anybody have any experiences withh Truetrac in their Titan? I can't find any info through Google about this. I will be contacting the manufacturer very soon.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
What pressure are you running in your tires?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Titan SE
32 Posts
I installed mine about 6 months ago and I have not encountered that problem. I have never encountered any oversteer because of it. What weight oil did they put in there? I run Valvoline High Performance 85w-140 and even with the heavier weight I don't have it locking up when it shouldn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts