Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics here of the spacers;
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...1-solid-billet-aluminum-leveling-spacers.html

Installed the spacers today and I have to say I do like the level it gave me and I will stay with these till I need 5100s.

Steps I performed using a lift at the RPM Center;

1) Removed wheels, I did a 4 tire rotation since I am at 4800 miles now.

2) Disconnected end links from sway bar.

3) Disconnected UCA from swing arm, and lowered, tied off.

4) Removed lower strut bolt/nut

5) Removed top 3 strut nuts, and removed strut assy.

6) Installed spacer, and aligned lower strut yolk on a bench vice so that the end of the spring would remain to the outside as per NISMO shock installation instructions.

7) Installed strut assy with the 3 upper nuts and left them loose.

8) Aligned and installed lower strut assy bolt/nut and tightened all the way down.

9) Installed UCA nut and tightened down all the way. I used a floor jack and lowered the lift to rest the LCA on the floor jack. This allowed me to align the steering arm onto the UCA bolt and guided it up the bolt and installed nut and cotter pin.

10) Repeated all of the above steps in order for the other side.

11) Re-installed the end links to the sway bar and tightened them down all the way.

12) Tightened down the upper strut assy 3 nuts all the way on both sides.

13) Rechecked all nuts, bolts, and cotter pins (UCAs) were tight and installed properly.

14) Put the Titan on a drive on ramp lift and measured for toe in/out.

15) Measured front/back from rim lip to rim lip. Made adjustments to get it even on both sides. I was pigeon toed out by about a half an inch total.

That's pretty much it, I don't have much play from the UCAs to CB right now with OEM UCAa, so aftermarket UCAs are a mod for the near future. I should be fine for now as long as I'm not doing any crazy off roading...

My impressions:
I like them! They have leveled my T and that was my goal so can't complain. The ride quality is still present, I do feel that the front end is sitting higher when behind the wheel.

Oddly enough these spacers have stiffened up the nose dive on hard braking even further...After the addition of the aftermarket UCAs I will be getting a set of Stilltimes sway bar mounts.

All in all a worth while MOD!

On to the pics...

Before:

During:

After:

side by side comparison:

and the otherside:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice job with the install and pics! I could have used this about a month ago when I did mine..lol. I shoulda taken pics but just wanted to get it done cause it was so freakin hot here in Florida that day.

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nice write up...scribed for future reference.

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great documentation! I wanna do the same but I'm not mechanically inclined. I hate to screw suspension up and compromise safety. I will prolly leave it to the pros for the install. Again, nice work!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great documentation! I wanna do the same but I'm not mechanically inclined. I hate to screw suspension up and compromise safety. I will prolly leave it to the pros for the install. Again, nice work!
thanks, I didn't notice any camber after the install just toe, and I made tierod adjustments for that...I haven't takin it in for an alignment check yet because I wanted to put the UCAs on first.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Mike!

I want to stick with the same wheel style. I haven't decided wether to powder coat the current ones or wait for a set of the 2013 pro-4x black chrome ones to show up on ebay, craigslist, etc...tires for that setup will be NITTO Terra Grapplers 195/70r18s, just a lil wider and a lil taller...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
hey if you want ideas on what a 295 70 18 will look like check out my pics thats what i run.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
just had a quick question...getting ready to install, and was wondering where is a good place to jack it up from and sit it on the jack stands?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts