Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do front and rear rotors/pads, and was wondering which of you guys had experience in buying a brake kit from ebay. I don't (think) I need slotted/cross-drilled rotors, but if they are a lot better than stock for every day driving, I'd be inclined to spend the extra dough. Thanks:)

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Check out Frozen Rotors for both rotors and brakes... If you wanna go through EBay and save some $, I'd make sure the seller rating is 99+... When I did my front rotor/brake upgrade, I bought the cryo-PowerSlot rotors and Hawk brake pads... They have been on for almost 55k miles and have no heat warping issues and still stop my Titan smoothly... I imagine in another 25k, I'll be ready for new brake pads and will also do the rear combo swap with new front pads and just turn the front rotors... Save yourself grief, spend the $ and Do it Right brotha, don't gamble on brakes... ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent him a pm. Thanks for the info. I usually just take it to a local mechanic and have them put on whatever they have in stock. Getting tired of burning through the brakes though.

·
Super Moderator
160,804 Posts
Buy a quality rotor and pad. They're too important to try to save a few $$$ on and it seems that you've figured out that for brakes, if you buy cheap, you buy twice.

Reactions: Quartz

·
Premium Member
58,289 Posts
I installed drilled and slotted rotors and Wagner ceramic pads. I've been very happy with them. My son did the same to his Titan and he's happy as well. Slotted rotors work much better in the rain and we get a lot of it around here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed them work good look good and easy install very similar to powerstops brake kit I went with brakemotive rotors and power stop pads 194 shipped in 3 days

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,437 Posts
Don't skimp on your brakes. Buy quality, tested parts...

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I have the slotted/cross drill rotors and pads from ebay on my corolla for about 50k and had no problems with them. I fact I am really happpy with them. I will most likely get the same set for the titan when it gets time to do a brake job

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
So any new word on these brake kits. My brakes are a little warped and I'd rather spend money to get new rotors instead of being machined. So give me some help guys. I found some slotted rotors for 135 shipped on eBay.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just installed them work good look good and easy install very similar to powerstops brake kit I went with brakemotive rotors and power stop pads 194 shipped in 3 days
I bought the same awhile back. The front pads lasted 60k and the rotors were just fine when I recently replaced the pads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gas mileage not to bad I basically drive highway mixed with hilly and windy back roads and this week im at 1/4 of the tank and im at 250 miles I used to get like 312 onmy normal daily drive for a full tank and all highway I would get around 364 till the light went on so Im hoping to get another 50 milesbefor the light goes on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts