Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a few discussions on the HIDs and what people prefer.

Has anyone purchased the ebay cheapy HIDs?

you can get them for like 60-70 bucks..

Just wanted to get a idea of how crappy they are.. or if they are worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
they work good, i had mine since jan, one of the ballest took a poop, got in contact of the seller and he shipped another ballest out to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i could gett the cheapest price value on HID'S I BOUGHT MINE FOR 130 BUX 8,000 K'S ND THEY LOOK CLEAN THE GUY WAS EVEN LIKE LET ME TAKE A PIX OF UR TRUCK WITH THEM ON!!! ITS LIKE A LIGHT BLUE IF ANY 1 IS INTERESTD FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A HOLLA ND I CAN SEE WHAT I COULD DO FO U GUYS!!! AND THE GOOD THING IS THAT THEY ARE PLUG AND PLAY NO WIRE CUTTING!!!! ND IF U WNA CHANGE THE BULB TO LIKE 10,000K ITS ONLY LIKE 50 BUX FOR THE BULB!!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought a HID set from Smart4Cars from Ebay. Someone else on this site had a good experience with a set from this seller, so I decided to buy. So far, I'm happy with the set. I've had them about 6 months and no problems. Got the 4300k and they light up the road good.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i could gett the cheapest price value on HID'S I BOUGHT MINE FOR 130 BUX 8,000 K'S ND THEY LOOK CLEAN THE GUY WAS EVEN LIKE LET ME TAKE A PIX OF UR TRUCK WITH THEM ON!!! ITS LIKE A LIGHT BLUE IF ANY 1 IS INTERESTD FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A HOLLA ND I CAN SEE WHAT I COULD DO FO U GUYS!!! AND THE GOOD THING IS THAT THEY ARE PLUG AND PLAY NO WIRE CUTTING!!!! ND IF U WNA CHANGE THE BULB TO LIKE 10,000K ITS ONLY LIKE 50 BUX FOR THE BULB!!!!

Wow............I have a headache now. I'm gonna throw up. :eeeek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea i went with smart4cars also like some other members suggested. Well two weeks after the install a ballast went bad. I was so pissed didnt feel like contacting the ppl in china. I pulled it all out and went back to stoke. The 8000 were cool but wasnt worth 100 bucks for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Prolly need to get a little better quality than that. those kits......just how long is the question. the ballasts are sometimes pure junk, and thats the most expensive part.
on the contrary, have had mine close to 3 years now and bought my cheapie HIDs from what is now known as smart4cars on eBay. they've worked flawlessly the entire time i've had them and still are bright and yield the same amount of lumens and color temp as the day i bought them. buy the cheapie HIDs and ignore these naysayers. i paid 150 bucks for mine close to 3 years ago and now they sell for 69 bucks. that's a steal!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought mine from Smart4cars. I’ve had for months no issues.

Buy them and you'll love them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
ijust bought some last night for my lows and fogs. i put a cheap set of hids in my quad and they have been working great for six months...make sure you get the slim digital ballast they are the same price and a hell of alot better quality
pills11.com ;))

·
Registered
795 Posts
I got the same ones as Hooli. Had them for 6 months now and zero problems. I figure if they last 3 years Im good. Same price as a set of JDM PIAA HID looking bulbs but a 1000% the performance. Besides for the price of the "top shelf" sets that go for about $300 I could buy three sets of these and be good for a minimum of 6 years. I wont even have my truck that long. Dont even get me started about those $1000 retrofits. I can understand if you're a DIY guy cuz half the challenge is making something like that work, but to pay someone else a grand for headlights? better off putting that kinda money into a suspension upgrade.

rant over

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
smart4cars come from vme.com. thats what i have. my payment to smart4cars went to vme.com on paypal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Theres a thread on CT about that site that MacOtac posted. Everybody that has bought from them love 'em, so i bought the 35w 8000k last Monday, just waiting for them to show up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts