Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following will be installed in a 2006 SE KC.

**Also since i have not made 15 posts yet i cannot post actual URLs. i have listed the product names***

Unfortunatly i am not as educationally enclined as the likes of P-Dizzle or Tech12 in the car audio world but know quite a bit as far as home audio systems so i understand the basics of sound and sound quality. However, when it comes to car audio and the like i am a few steps behind. I plan on converting my front 6x9s to 6.5" comps and the rears will be replaced with 6.5" coaxials. The previous mentioned speaker combination i would like to run through a JL amp as i have heard speakers pushed by thease and they have pretty good sound quality. I am planning as well to install a DOuble DIN DVD player as well as at least one 10" sub. I will list the products i would like to use below but they are not purchased yet and would love some insite on them before i drop the cash on buying something. I also am unsure if the amps will be able to fit veticle behind or some where similar behind the rear seat or if mounting them under my driver and pasenger seats would be the most viable options for a clean and safe install to avoid over heating.

Front Comps: Mb Quart RVY 216

Rear Coaxials: MB Quart DKG 116

Head Unit:Kenwood DDX 7019

4 Channel Amp: JL Audio 300/4

Sub and Sub Enclosure:
I am budgeting about $600 for the Sub and enclosure, So i am unsure if i am even able to jump on Tech12's list of awaiting enclosure customers because of my living in Hawaii (Maybe Tech12 could answer that one?) But primarily i am looking to atleast install 1 10in sub, i like clean sound, as far as i understand though subs are known for more "dirty" sound than any other type of car speaker so i guess i could comprimise if it is a matter of 100-200 dollars different.

Sub Amp:
Being that i am unsure of the sub that i would like to install and the enclosure i would be putting it in i am unsure of the propper amp that would be needed.

Misc Questions:
Would i need any type of inline singnal booster as used in Sammy's audio install due to the 2.0V output level of the RCA output from the head unit.

Also, with the usage of a distribution block and eliminating the need to run multiple power cables to my battery where should this hardwear be installs in a vehicle. In home audio there is not too much of the actual power running as musch as speaker placement and propper speaker selection.

ANY input at all would be greatly appreciated, by al means do not worry about offending me it is a hard thing to do.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track.

You might check out TC subs as they have free shipping AFAIK. Best wayt o contact them is calling to find out for sure. Huge Linera X-max = nice clean deep bass in a sealed enclosure. Easiest is to get a sub with 5.75 inches of mounting depth or less, otherwise seatlift is required. Si makes good stuff too, similar to TC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bestatchess said:
You do not need any inline booster (ala Sammy).

Use 0 gauge cable with a fuse near the battery to a distribution block mounted near your amps.

THat is outstanding. WIsh they had soemthing like that when i started doing home audio installs (well similar not exact) would have made alot of the guess and check time go away.

Justin... Not sure what TC subs are bro

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
Titanrevs808 said:
THat is outstanding. WIsh they had soemthing like that when i started doing home audio installs (well similar not exact) would have made alot of the guess and check time go away.

Bro for less than 600 dollars you can a nice enclosure and subs for your truck. Shipped to hawai. email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Titanrevs808 said:

www.tcsounds.com

They also make subs for

www.soundsplinter.com

Basicaly the same subs form my understanding...

TC is jsut cheaper because they ARE the buildhouse, they also build subs for eclipse and other companies as well. They used to build subs for SI as well.

Get your box (and maybe subs) from tech. I would.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

Tentative:

Tech Built box
Rockford Fosgate P2's (10's)
Kenwood Exelon DPX-701
Sundown 100/4
Sundown 1000D

COmps and coaxils will remain the same.

·
Premium Member
17,241 Posts
You are probably going to need a decent sealed battery soon if you are still running the OEM battery. Also, you need to protect the battery terminals or they will corrode at a rapid rate.

·
Registered
919 Posts
bestatchess said:
You are probably going to need a decent sealed battery soon if you are still running the OEM battery. Also, you need to protect the battery terminals or they will corrode at a rapid rate.
Why is this, and how do you protect them?

BTW, looks like your on the way to a nice sytem
Titanrevs.

·
Premium Member
17,241 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
Why is this, and how do you protect them?
My theory:

When you install a high powered stereo, the oem alternator does not keep up with the demand, particularly at low RPM. This results in discharge of the battery at low RPM. At higher RPM, the alternator produces more amperage and charges the battery. This results in many cycles of discharge-charge, many more cycles than with the stock low powered stereo. During charge, the battery vents hydrogen and oxygen gas (derived from H20 as you may recall from high school science experiment), and also some sulfuric acid fumes. The sulfuric acid fumes and oxygen wreak havoc with unprotected battery terminals.

Protection may be done with dielectric grease or the products made specifically for protecting battery termianals. (e.g., CRC Battery Terminal Protector)

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
bestatchess said:
My theory:

When you install a high powered stereo, the oem alternator does not keep up with the demand, particularly at low RPM. This results in discharge of the battery at low RPM. At higher RPM, the alternator produces more amperage and charges the battery. This results in many cycles of discharge-charge, many more cycles than with the stock low powered stereo. During charge, the battery vents hydrogen and oxygen gas (derived from H20 as you may recall from high school science experiment), and also some sulfuric acid fumes. The sulfuric acid fumes and oxygen wreak havoc with unprotected battery terminals.

Protection may be done with dielectric grease or the products made specifically for protecting battery termianals. (e.g., CRC Battery Terminal Protector)
Learn something new everyday. Thanks for heads up Best

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is this where grounding kits can be more beneficial?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE****

James Built Box
Sundown Audio 100.2 Amp
Sundown Audio 100.4 Amp
(2) Sundown Audio SD-1 Subs
MB Quart RVF-216
MB Quart DKG-116
**Cannot decide here** Kenwood Excelon DPX-701 or the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X591

Hopefully ill be one of the only people i hawaii running sundown anything. Like things that way.....

Been trying to find a shop that stocks the Kenwoods and will let me "play" with them so see which i like better. Not really sure if i want to get the 591 791 or 891 but seems like the 591 does everything i WANT and thats all i need so... bleh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts