Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Titan got egged by some kids one night and it ate through the paint in a circular pattern. Any ideas or thoughts on the best way to clean this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We was riding around the hunting woods the other day and we stopped for my daddy to take the door buzzer thing off and I was throwing eggs down the road. (I got bored) One broke in my hand and covered his truck, Now there is a nice white spot on his windshield where some hit. It gets annoying, So I hope you get everything taken care of.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
nope, only way is to get it repainted... I had a rental titan 2 years ago and it got egged while I was driving down the road and it was black, where the egg hit it looks like white spider web cracks in the paint... dealer had it repainted.... they dont give rentals anymore :(

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I don't think it comes out and it gets worse with more sun exposure. That's the exact reason I stopped egging cars when I was young and wouldn't hang out with anyone who did.

One of the times that I took my Durango mudding, the mud had some sort of acid in it that left permanent spots all over the paint. I always kept alot of wax on that thing and the mud ate right through the wax. OEM paint jobs aren't even worth crap anymore. If you decide to repaint it, make sure they spray a whole lot of clear coat on top of the paint.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
you will need the following:

1. new paint
2. a shot gun for the next time they come by and try it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
The circular scratch is the egg shell breaking and the sharp edges cutting into the paint. If you are lucky and its not deep you can have buffed out, but if its deep scratches you are SOL. Touchup paint or paintjob.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. The scratches are very deep so I guess I am SOL. As for the kids I am glad that I do not know who did it. Shotgun . .check. Bear trap . . good thought. Lawyer . . .covered in that area too but I hope I never need them. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
723 Posts
theres alot of remedies if you google it, my old truck got egged when I had it parked for sale. It baked on there in the summer for a few days before I even noticed it. I used vaseline to remove it all without damaging the paint, but there was still a light stain on the paint. Some say you can get some fine sand paper and sand off the clear coat then re-apply a new clear coat and it will be all better.. I didnt care to do all that since I was selling the truck anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you address egg stains as quickly, they will not do any permanent damage. The key word is quickly. If you let the car sit in the sun all day, etching damage occurs. The first thing I would try is claying the area and remove as much damage as possible. There are buffing compounds that can remove the damage but I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending them to folks in a open forum without knowing their buffing skills.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Another bad one on paint is Italian Salad dressing. When I was in HS, some (5) of the A$$holes in my school thought it would be funny to pour it all over my truck, down my vents and it bonded to my paint, ate into and I ended up needing 5 panels repainted. Their dads bailed most of them out and paid but one guy's dad made him get a job to pay for it and he had ride the bus for the remainder of the school year and park his truck. I paid to paint the rest of the truck but still sucked!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Most of the replys on this are accurate......

Bottom line.... If you're noticing the damage now there's really nothing you can do except wait for it to get worse.

The paint around the hit is shattered and will continue to look nasty. Within 1 year it will look as if each little flake will eventually fall off and then they will in the next year.

Those of you that have been hit with eggs and report no damage are either very lucky OR you haven't looked close enough and as time rolls on you will notice the hit.

I've seen at least a hundred panels with hit marks. People would bring their cars to my center and I'd say " when were you egged" their jaws would drop wondering how I knew that.

Sorry to say that there is no solution except repainting. The paint is shattered from the impact.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts