Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I just started this account hopin to find some info out about my truck. I have an electric motor that kicks on after I shut 'er down. it sounds like its retracting something, and will click a few times and then shut off, any ideas?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've heard the same noise. I'm curious too!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
its an electric motor that controls the a/c vents i believe. its clicks for like 15 times a little after you shut the truck off? its right under the dash on the driver side and is easy to replace and a cheap part if i remember correctly

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
That's the automatic tampon remover...lol....seriously though, it's an actuator closing one of the HVAC doors under the dash...just not sure why.

·
Registered
356 Posts
mine does the same thing didnt know what it was, sounds like an electric antenna going down, is this why there is always air blowing thru my vents even though i have the knob turned all the way down?

·
Super Moderator
160,986 Posts
I'd think that with the ignition off, it would return to a recirculate position to keep outside air out.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'd think that with the ignition off, it would return to a recirculate position to keep outside air out.
im pretty sure thats what its for. its like it doesnt line up correctly and the gears slip making a really annoying clicking noise

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm not sure exactly which part it is I am sure it's part of the air/heat controls. Turn your defroster on at any time then turn it back to vents and it will do it too. My mom's sts just did the same thing but it was a dash removal fix for her $600. Hoping it's cheaper for the T....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts