Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Nissan Titan and a few months ago I started to have problems with my trucks battery loosing charge. I thought it was the battery so I purchased a new battery and everything was fine for about 3 weeks. Then one day it too was dead. I do not have anything external hooked up to the truck, so I feel that there is something draining the battery. Has anyone had
the same problem? I have had the battery and alternator checked out at an auto parts store and they checked out fine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i would say if you Have a multimeter laying around disconnect the ground on the batt and hold one lead to the cable and one to the neg terminal on the batt. have the multimeter in amps to show the current going through the wire with the keys out of the ignition. the reading should be really low like .0 something amps i believe. i had a problem on my tib that the capacitor for my subs was constantly drawing power and kept killing my batt and a tech at the dealer i worked at showed me this trick to see if something is pulling power from the batt. it would be a good start to see whats going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts