Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Titan , just wired in a brake controller and no power from factory plug to controller, all other lights work. All fuses have been checked. No power out of red wire of factory connector under dash for controller,, thanks TS

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If you have brake lights, you will have to trace the wire back to the "open", it could be a bad crimp or such...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Are you sure there isn't a relay missing, the non-tow Titans don't have all the relays needed for the light package.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has factory tow package, 1 brown relay, 2 blue,, thanks for the help, I tried looking in factory CD manual,, get lost quickly,, thanks again ,,TS

·
Registered
97 Posts
On my other truck i lost power to the brakes as well. All other lights worked, just when I stepped on the brake pedal the trailer brakes did not work. Also the brake controler indicated no power to the brakes. Traced the problem back to the traile,r where the wire went into the wheel hub. Might want to try there.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
harland98 said:
On my other truck i lost power to the brakes as well. All other lights worked, just when I stepped on the brake pedal the trailer brakes did not work. Also the brake controler indicated no power to the brakes. Traced the problem back to the traile,r where the wire went into the wheel hub. Might want to try there.
I think his brakes are fine, it's the 12v Aux battery power, for a camper battery, etc...I think he missed one of the many fuses, or bad wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2006 Titan , just wired in a brake controller and no power from factory plug to controller, all other lights work. All fuses have been checked. No power out of red wire of factory connector under dash for controller,, thanks TS
I know this thread is old and I hope you found your problem. This is what happened to me. Good luck!!
I have an 06 SE off road with the big tow and when installing my brake controller I hooked up the adapter to the factory pigtail with the key off. I hit the brake pedal with the wires while trying to route them and they sparked. I figured I blew a fuse. When I hooked up the brake controller it didn't work. When I checked the red wire from the pigtail it was dead. I looked in this thread and found the wiring diagram and was able to find the blown fuse. The diagram states it is a "fusable link" but what I found when trying to replace the blown fuse is that it is a "Dealer only part" $15.99 and had to order(of course!!) I guess what I am trying to say is I have power to my brake controler and it is wired up to the factory pigtail. When I push the manual lever to the left my brake controler red light comes on and I have power going to the 7pin connector at the bumper. I just want to share my experience to help other TITAN owners. I was frustrated not being able to find the correct fuse. By the way it is it he rear fuse box on the engines right(passenger side) look at the inside of the cover for the diagram. It is labeled "Electric brake controller" It really stinks to replace this fuse because it also runs the radiator fan and ignition switch. This fuse is three in one. I needed mine to pull my 3 horse goose nect trailer so I soldered it back together in a pinch( ordered a new one today) Hope this helps someone else!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know this thread is old and I hope you found your problem. This is what happened to me. Good luck!!
I have an 06 SE off road with the big tow and when installing my brake controller I hooked up the adapter to the factory pigtail with the key off. I hit the brake pedal with the wires while trying to route them and they sparked. I figured I blew a fuse. When I hooked up the brake controller it didn't work. When I checked the red wire from the pigtail it was dead. I looked in this thread and found the wiring diagram and was able to find the blown fuse. The diagram states it is a "fusable link" but what I found when trying to replace the blown fuse is that it is a "Dealer only part" $15.99 and had to order(of course!!) I guess what I am trying to say is I have power to my brake controler and it is wired up to the factory pigtail. When I push the manual lever to the left my brake controler red light comes on and I have power going to the 7pin connector at the bumper. I just want to share my experience to help other TITAN owners. I was frustrated not being able to find the correct fuse. By the way it is it he rear fuse box on the engines right(passenger side) look at the inside of the cover for the diagram. It is labeled "Electric brake controller" It really stinks to replace this fuse because it also runs the radiator fan and ignition switch. This fuse is three in one. I needed mine to pull my 3 horse goose nect trailer so I soldered it back together in a pinch( ordered a new one today) Hope this helps someone else!!!

I had the same sort of issue as chad734. It was a bear to find the fuse, once found, I was unhappy to find that it had to be ordered from Nissan. $18.00 and 4 days later I had trailer brakes.

It is Nissan part# 24370-C9900 (Multitype Fuse Links)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts