Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Nissan Titan and just recently, the power locks switch on the driver side would go off and on automatically. Whether I was outside the truck or even driving it, the door locks would go off and on by itself. It would do this probably 150 times a day and I noticed that it did this when we had a period of rain. It did this for probably 2 weeks and it stopped about about 3 days ago as it is very hot and dry. Secondly, Not sure if this is related but every time it rains, both the driver and passenger doors fill up with water. I took this to the dealership and they said this is normal and is supposed to do that. I told him that is NOT true as I have never experienced that in any car/truck. He then had a mechanic look at it and the mechanic said I needed to replace the rubber molding at the bottom of each door.
1) The dealership has not been able to find out why the locks were going off and on automatically. Any suggestions?
2) I also don't want to keep spending money on rubber molding if that does not resolve the water build up in the doors either.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks! Lee

·
Registered
919 Posts
I used to have problems with my window in my 06 when it would get wet it would roll down about an inch when you shut the truck off. I would be inclined to think the water is coming in next to the window molding. I don't know why or how you would get water from the bottom that's ridiculous. There's a locking solenoid 2/3 of the way down the door under the handle, I would guess water is getting in by the window and running down on it causing your issue. If it's holding water in there, I would be inclined to drill a hole in the bottom to drain and then silicone it shut after its fixed.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,565 Posts
For the water, just clean out all the gunk and crap that plugs up the drain holes. Run your finger between the bottom door seal and the door. You can feel the drain holes. Prepare to be grossed out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts