Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I would figure out how to tap into the "door open" light on the dash board. I'm thinking about a mod that would allow me to add a sealed switch to the tailgate & tie it into the "door open" light on the dash, so you would know if your tailgate is open. With a bed cover on the truck, it is impossible to know if the gate is open w/out getting out & looking.

I know very little about automotive electrical systems, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
I would think you could run from one of the door pins back to the tailgate and that would set it off without tapping in behind the dash. I think it is a single wire on the pin that grounds when the door is opened so if you run a wire form that wire to the back all it will need to do is ground when you open it. I have never opened it up, I am going just on the memory of other cars I have had in the past.
That is what I think you could do. As long it thinks a door is open, it triggers the generic idiot light. If you can just make it think a door is open........it would work. Sounds like a pretty simple mod.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone could help me figure out which wire it is & how to hook it up, I would greatly appreciate it. Like I said, I'm pretty light on auto electrical experience.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! I think it could be a pretty cool mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts