AUTO
PARKING LIGHTS
HEADLIGHTS

How hard would it be to make it go from that to
AUTO
OFF
PARKING
HEADLIGHTS

Is it possible to switch that around fairly simply?

·
Registered
177 Posts
You might get somebody to get you the wiring diagram for the combi-switch and how it wires to the BCM . I've never seen it done but with a little luck and some continuity testing you might be able to do it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here's the wiring diagram. 5 inputs and 5 outputs for the combi-switch to the BCM. I also attached the explanation of the signals. At a first pass, it doesn't look like this might be so easy...

CS to BCM.JPG Reference 1.JPG Reference 2.JPG

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
ooo i think its cuz some people say it is not good to have your HIDS on AUTO or to flash them....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its really kind of a stupid reason but I did the fog light/parking light mod and to run with just the parking lamps and fogs you have to turn on the headlights first to get to the parking lights. In my old car it was like the way i want to do it. So its basically just eliminating having to turn on the headlights to turn on the parking lights.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Only thing I could suggest is to get a stalk that eliminate the Auto on feature. Not sure if you're willing to loose the Auto on feature.
New stalk + Stalk mod.

Mod goes like this.

Parking Lights only,
Parking Lights + Fogs
Parking lights + Fogs + Low
Parking lights + Fogs + Low = High
Parking Lights + Lows (no Fogs)

etc...

That said, HID bulbs are not as expensive as they used to be so you might just mod the stalk you ahve and leave the auto feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts