Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. First I'm going to admit to being totally new and in serious need of any assistance. Next I will preemptively say thank you for all and any help offer. I have used this site for research since I bought my 04 titan, used, one owner, one year ago today. it was immaculate and I love it. all original at this point save brakes, tires and front wheel bearings.
Now for the fun. i return home and park the truck, locked steering wheel, Saturday afternoon. The truck sat until the next day at 4:00 pm, turn the key............nothing. lights, sounds, everything normal except....... not even and attempt to crank.
i am a heavy duty truck mechanic apprentice, not a Nissan mechanic. i know.........very little. ;)
battery was cleaned, tested, good to go. started a friends truck with it. no fuses under the hood bad, truck is bodily in fantastic shape and grounds i have found in the last two days......good. i found, on sunday afternoon, the "a/t cont" fuse blown. replace it.....blows instantly.
the gear indicator on the hud (the rounded square around the gear on display) does not light up. otherwise, everything works as normal....just blows the fuse and if i jump the fuse....it still wont crank.
my code reader shows u1000 code but i believe (from much reading here) that code arose from disconnecting the battery and the ecm not communicating after 2 seconds?
anyway...the short story is....ive spent two days researching and looking and testing for continuity everything i can reach. even opened the tranny pan looking for shorting wires connected to that specific circuit that would cause more than 20A to run through it and blow that fuse. where is the problem so i can repair it? Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance,
Ben Catcher
Stratford, Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just as an update. valve body has now been dropped and inspected. a minor blemish noticed on the black casing center portion of the valve body but no broken, bent, bare or otherwise bad wires in the harness. a little more gunk in the connector plugs than I may have wanted to see but unless that has been known to cause a short, not really suspect in my mind. any suggestions, hints or outright assistance would be appreciated.
just a single dad with one truck I really like while I finish my heavy duty truck tech apprenticeship.
could really use a little guidance here from you guys who know these beasts. I love my 04 titan 2wd.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have read of instances of people jump starting another vehicle w/ their Titan and if I recall correctly one instance it fried the low/coast solenoid.

Have you checked all the grounds/connectors and so forth?
If you do a little searching I was just fighting to get my Titan running reliably again but I have a couple threads and posts that link a lot of information concerning no start symptoms for the T.

Also if you google search Titan Service manual there is another webforum(club) that has the full Titan service manual available for viewing.

Good luck

Edit: For some reason I can not access my previous posts/threads via the quick menu but my threads/posts should be tagged under "IPDM" "P0335"

The service manual provides a lot of testing information for the circuits/grounds and component systems

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find the problem? I have this issue too. No ring around gear when trying to select gear. Everything works but won’t even attempt to crank. Bought a brand new battery yesterday, did nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2005 Titan SE 4x4 and it has a no crank condition and my gear indicator is blank too, like it doesn't know what gear its in. All the fuses are good, battery is good. Also the slip light comes on when I turn the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts