Nissan Titan Forum banner

Electronic brake controller

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HudsonValleyTitan 
#1 ·
I have my electronic brake controller setup with wiring harness from my 2001 F-150. Will it work on my 2006 Titan (is the connector the same on all vehicles). Where exactly is the hook up under the dash. I absolutely have the tow package.

#2 ·
If you have the tow package then you should also have the pigtail connector in the glove box for the brake controller. Look in the owners manual....there's a connector under the dash by the Ebrake pedal. You can buy a direct connect harness that'll connect right up to the controller without having to do any wiring but yes, any good controller should work with your 06 Titan....I'm just not sure how much I'd trust one that was 10 yrs old.

#3 ·
I am very confident with the controller. I was wondering if the fitting (plug-n-play end) of the connectors are all the same or if different makes of vehicles have their own configuration. I bought the truck used so the pigtail is not there.

#4 ·
Order a pig tail from any site that sells the controller. They are about ten bucks.

#5 ·
They are different by makes. Your FORD harness won't work on the Titan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.