Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still learning all the bells and whistles on my new 11' Titan and noticed something today. When my fuel warning light came on it said I had a range of 32 miles before empty. It went all the way down to 19 and then started blinking blank like it skipped from 19 to 0. I guess my question is, how accurate is this program and how many of you trust it enough to use it. I know common sense should prevail and it will, but I was just curious.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I will avoid getting that low. The longer you drive with that light on, the less fuel there is in the tank to cool the fuel pump.

Reactions: Kalani938

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
I drove mine for about 40 miles once after the light came on and the thing flashed saying there was no range to go. Ultimately ran it out of gas a block from a gas station. I usually run it down till the light comes on, and then pull in shortly there after to top it off.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I also noticed that it took the gas gauge a good 50 miles before it started dropping. Guess there are just little things I'm gonna have to get used to :)

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
They definitely have a large reserve. I wanted to honestly run it out once so I knew what it would feel like and how it would act, some would say that's not the brightest, but to each their own. When it runs out of gas, it does it in an instant too...I had a dummy light pop up, then the whole dash lit up, the rpm gauge bounced slightly one time and it was done for. Some cars usually surge and act up a little bit. It just dies and that's the end of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts