Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home my 2020 Pro4X and I can’t get the tailgate to lock when I lock all the doors. I noticed on other window stickers when I was shopping around that some had the “delete electronic locking tailgate” so I was very aware that this particular truck did not have that removal. Is their something I’m missing to get it to lock with the rest of the doors? Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are you having tailgate latching issues? I have the e-locking tailgate on my 18 Pro-4X and when it was new, sometimes the tailgate would not latch. After a few lock unlock cycles the problem went away.

Trivial suggestion - Try unlocking all doors (tailgate lock also should unlock). Then open and close close the tailgate and make sure it is latches shut. Then lock the truck with your remote or one of the front door handle buttons; it should e-lock. I believe the problem with my truck initially was that the tailgate e-lock mechanism would get stuck in lock at times. But no issues for a long time now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my week-old 2020 Pro4X. I have not noticed if mine had the "delete tailgate lock" is on mine. I'm going to be really upset if I overlooked that. And honestly - that's a pretty dumb "option" IMHO. Why wouldn't you want that convenience feature on a $60k truck?

Mine doesn't make any sound like it's even trying to engage at all... so now I have a sinking suspicion that mine is deleted. I'll have to check fuses and connections first, but I'm very doubtful that's the case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My suspicions were correct - I have no electronic tailgate lock installed. Beyond the strangest thing. I dug out all of my paperwork and found nothing to suggest that it was removed or I otherwise authorized its removal before delivery. My last two Titans had the utility package just like my 2020 yet this doesn't have it. I have ever other option under the sun too.

Someone is going to put one in my truck and it won't be on my dollar. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you having tailgate latching issues? I have the e-locking tailgate on my 18 Pro-4X and when it was new, sometimes the tailgate would not latch. After a few lock unlock cycles the problem went away.

Trivial suggestion - Try unlocking all doors (tailgate lock also should unlock). Then open and close close the tailgate and make sure it is latches shut. Then lock the truck with your remote or one of the front door handle buttons; it should e-lock. I believe the problem with my truck initially was that the tailgate e-lock mechanism would get stuck in lock at times. But no issues for a long time now.
Thanks. I tried everything you suggested but to no avail. Looks like I’ve been duped!! Lol, but like Ricer said, I’ll be visiting the dealership and will be getting it installed/repaired on their dollar. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts