Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to ask, but since I'm still doing some final research before making the decision to buy the Titan (which I was certain I was going to do as of a few weeks ago), I would like to know if any one is or was an Avalance owner? Every report I read is good on the Avalanche (except for fuel mileage).

Any comments good or bad on the Avalanche? Would you recommend it? Assuming you like the Titan better, why?

Thanks!
:cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually, its kinda funny. I saw a Titan on the road at a stoplight a couple of weeks ago and revved my engine when I got next to him. First, the guy looked at me like, "whatever, I hear your (Ford, Dodge, Chevy) truck and then noticed I was also in a Titan.

He then rolled his window down and we asked each other how we liked the Titan. He told me he just had an Avalanche lemon-lawed and went with the Titan. Examples of vehicles that have been lemon-lawed can probably be found by any make/model but he said that even before the Avalanche started giving him problems, it wasn't nearly as fun or useful as his Titan had been so far.

Personally, I like the functionality of the Avalanche but the Titan to me is just as functional, costs less, and looks infinitely better in my opinion.

Good luck whichever route you chose though.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
There are two of them where I work owned by friends of mine...

1 os an '03 Blue with all the cladding etc....

The other is an '04 Black with no cladding and 'Spinners'....

The 'Blue' owner just rode with me in the Titan to lunch 3 days ago and drove up this morning in a Galaxy CC 4X4 ...

The 'Black' owner wants to trade his in on one now but is too far 'upside down' in his current truck...he tried to trade it in on the truck the guy above drove to work this morning.... :upsidedow

Chris

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"Every report I read is good on the Avalanche (except for fuel mileage)."

Read on:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=15

When I look at other truck forums, I am always amazed (and extremely thankful) regarding the minor nature of the Titan problems reported here. Perhaps that is just because not many Titans are out there yet and most of the ones out have low mileage, time will tell.

·
Registered
56 Posts
bestatchess said:
"Every report I read is good on the Avalanche (except for fuel mileage)."

Read on:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=15

When I look at other truck forums, I am always amazed (and extremely thankful) regarding the minor nature of the Titan problems reported here. Perhaps that is just because not many Titans are out there yet and most of the ones out have low mileage, time will tell.
:jester: Wow, every part on the truck has its own catagory.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
avalanche of problems more like it... :rofl:

now i know where all my recycleable plastics go. :jester:

"misslelauavalanche

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
NYTITANMAN said:
I personally don't like the look of the Avalanche. It looks like a big sneaker! lol

Now you are making me want one. Maybe if they could put a big NIKE swoosh on each side and a roof rack that looked like shoe laces. Then I could put neon tubes underneath and wire them to flash, just like those lighted sneakers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are terrible! :rofl:

Thanks as always for the input. Well after some final last comparisons (GMC, Silverado, Avalanche, Tundra, and F150), I have made my final decision--a Titan it is!

NOW, IF ONLY I can get the Fold-A-Cover for the bed!

Thanks everyone--this is a great forum!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really like threads with a happy Titan ending... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Strangely enough, Consumer Reports has high praise for the Avalanche. From reading the Avalanche forums, visibility to the rear and sides is very poor. Some Avalanche owners are ridiculously proud of the number of vehicles they have backed into in parking lots, or side swiped while changing lanes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bmosbacker said:
I hate to ask, but since I'm still doing some final research before making the decision to buy the Titan (which I was certain I was going to do as of a few weeks ago), I would like to know if any one is or was an Avalance owner? Every report I read is good on the Avalanche (except for fuel mileage).

Any comments good or bad on the Avalanche? Would you recommend it? Assuming you like the Titan better, why?

Thanks!
Traded an 02 Avalanche for the Titan. Nothing but trouble after 3000 miles. Bad brakes, Squeaking chassis, Bad brakes. Good riddance. Did I mention Bad Brakes? :smoke:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I currently have an A/V and I love the truck, but in the end all that plastic looks like crap and its only 3 years. There is no fix for it and if you want it to look good for a couple days you have to be a slave to it with 303 protectant.

The reason for going with the Titan equal if not bigger back seat area, no plastic.

:teethmast

1 - 15 of 15 Posts