Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I just put the PRG mini lift in my truck and when I went home the truck was hard to stear when going slow, and it seemed like the truck out come to a complete stop when turning slowly. I thought it was something to do with the lift but when I went to work this am I listened out the window and noticed that the rear tires (Lt side for sure) are dragging when im going slow turning in the parking lot.

I think that when I put the e-brake on when doing the kit it might have got stuck?? The ebrake pedal is back to normal, there is no light lite up on the dash. How can I get it to release, or at least diagnosis that this is the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come to think of it. When I did the install, I did the front the first day and the back the next day. I dont think I remember having any issues with the tire sticking the first day when I did the front, I started noticing it yesterday. I dont know if when jacking the truck up to do the back the put strain on the brake lines or anything like that. I'll crawl under there after work and see if anything is pulled, stuck or pinched.

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

·
Premium Member
75,096 Posts
How does a stuck e-brake make the truck hard to steer?

If the pads are dragging on the rotor drum you should be able to smell it at the very least. To adjust the e-brake you'll have to pull the wheel off, remove the caliper, remove the rotor drum, and adjust the screw.

If you lifted the truck and changed the geometry of the rear axle it is quite possible the existing e-brake lines are too short and are putting tension on the shoes making them drag.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems its hard to steer when going slow because the back tires are dragging on the ground. There's more momentum when driving at a faster speed. I know when doing the right side rear block the brake line was fairly extended but there seemed to be some play left in the line.

I dunno whats going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts