Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Deep Blue Pearl Titan XD SV (Conv. Pkg, Utility Pkg, Texas Titan)
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that it doesn't look like the regular titans have the "Endurance V8" badge on the side. Do they really not have that? Why would they only put in on the XDs. I'm sure it's because that's where the Cummins badge used to go, but that's the only part of my truck that I truly think is ugly. Looks so much cleaner without it because there is actually like an indent around it that kind of ruins the lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think the ‘17 half tons had that badge as well, but the ‘18’s did away with them. Only the XD has them. Which I’m happy about, that badge looks pretty awkward. I get they wanted to advertise the Cummins, but they should have left it off the rest of the trucks.

I believe they had to do it on the XD cuz it’s not a stick on badge, it was actually cut into the fender if I’m not mistaken. So they made the V8 badge to fill the hole.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
My wife and I looked at two times itans next to each other when we got ours, our 17 and a twin 18. The 18 looked funny without the badge on the fender

edit: for some reason the "out" was missing in the sentence

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
My wife and I looked at two times itans next to each other when we got ours, our 17 and a twin 18. The 18 looked funny with the badge on the fender
People referred to them as scabs.

Clint

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think I'm probably the only guy out there who actually liked the Endurance V8 badge on my old '17 Titan....

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,290 Posts
i like mine. i think the front end is too large looking to have such long fields of empty down the sides. it looks plain without it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder what that hole is for. Maybe an access point into the engine bay?

i like mine. i think the front end is too large looking to have such long fields of empty down the sides. it looks plain without it
I guess I don't mind the fact that there is a badge there. I think it's more of the shape of the badge and they made it look like a vent without any actual holes. It just looks off/bad to me. Maybe if they made it look like it has actual holes in it, it would look a bit better. I think there was someone on here who actually put holes in there but I'm not one to mess around with stuff on my truck. Spent too much money that it makes me nervous to mess something up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They were originally fully functional vents, but were removed because it actually hurt engine performance on the diesel. Not sure if the design affected the gas engine.

Q&A link:
Nissan's chief designer explains the 2016 Titan's all-new look
I guess according to this response to a post from a few years ago, they were actually functional vents in pre-production. Maybe they made the change too late that and they weren't able to remove the holes? From the Article:

"One thing I want to point out: The Cummins badge on the fenders–originally, we designed that to be open, an actual grille for airflow. But in testing, the Cummins engineers discovered that was actually hurting performance. Aerodynamically, it was impeding the engine's cooling performance. So we turned it into a Cummins badge with a grille texture behind it. We would have loved for that to be an opening, but we couldn't have it hurt the engine's performance. "

·
Registered
827 Posts
I am so glad of the lack of badging on the 2020 pro4x. I am sick of all these manufacturers putting badges all over the trucks; Left, Right, Rear. It gets really annoying to wax. I always go through the painstaking task of removing them and cleaning up the glue residue. More power to you who love badging 😅

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am so glad of the lack of badging on the 2020 pro4x. I am sick of all these manufacturers putting badges all over the trucks; Left, Right, Rear. It gets really annoying to wax. I always go through the painstaking task of removing them and cleaning up the glue residue. More power to you who love badging 😅
Yeah I’m glad no fender badge, and I also like that “Titan V8” isn’t on the bottom of the door as well

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah I’m glad no fender badge, and I also like that “Titan V8” isn’t on the bottom of the door as well
I totally forgot about that one. For some reason that one doesn’t bother me. I actually kinda like it… weird.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since it’s pretty apparent the Titan V8 is having some challenges “enduring”… I say good riddance to the badge…
Ooof. Too much truth in that statement... :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well that would explain the 2 foot spoiler! All that power to the rear wheels, gotta keep that civic planted in the straights! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts