Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on proper procedure for cleaning the engine bay. Anybody have any thoughts, pro or con on using the typical degreaser and going through a power wash (obviously attempting to avoid direct power wash spray to certain components). I would like to avoid going totally old school with a brush and elbow grease if I can get away with it. What are your thoughts on a quicker more effective way to clean the engine bay. Never in my life have I taken a power washer to the engine of any car I've ever owned, and I'm a little worried about getting water where it doesn't need to go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Use a degreaser, like Purple Power. Then hit it with a garden hose sprayer or a pressure washer on the lowest powerr nozzle. Leave the hood open and let it air dry for 24 hours on a breezy sunny day(s). Or blow the bay out with a leaf blower.

Parts can get wet, you just want them dry before you send electricity through them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use a degreaser, like Purple Power. Then hit it with a garden hose sprayer or a pressure washer on the lowest powerr nozzle. Leave the hood open and let it air dry for 24 hours on a breezy sunny day(s). Or blow the bay out with a leaf blower.

Parts can get wet, you just want them dry before you send electricity through them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Great idea using a leaf blower. I hadn't considered that. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
START WITH A cool or just slightly warm engine!!! Remove the cover over the top of the intake manifold (two 10mm bolts in the front and back just pops out) spray the motor and engine down with some SimpleGreen degreaser and let it soak in for a few minutes. Then use a garden hose to spray it down...if super dirty repeat and a brush to get the heavily grimed areas. When your done take the truck for a long drive and let the heat of the motor dry itself out. When you get home clean up the cover and reinstall it. After the motor cools down a little bit spray the engine bay down with some silicone spray or a light coat of armor all...use a rag to polish it all up and it will look like new. (oh yea don't spray directly into the alternator)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts