Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hop in my truck yesterday morning and the engine cranks fine but then it bogs down for a couple seconds then runs fine... runs fine all day with no trouble starting the entire day... I jump in this morning and the same thing happens... cranks fine then bogs for a couple seconds then runs ok no problems. I went to Autozone and it started fine... I have the 91 octane BDGT tune but that has been installed for about 2 weeks. When I was running the 87 octane tune this never happened. The entire winter was with the 87 octane tune and never had a problem bogging down. I just put an Optima Red Top in this morning and set the tune back to original factory stock so we will see what happens in the morning... Does this sound like spark plugs or maybe something in the fuel system? Thanks in advance for any help given!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went out again and it started fine... no idea why the long sitting over night would have such an effect on the bogging down after it cranks fine... any ideas? I really don't want to take it to a shop... screw the stealership...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So after it sat all day I came home from work and turned the key to let the fuel pump pressurize, (Thanks Alex for the suggestion), and it started right up... maybe the fuel pump will need to be replaced in the future but for now it will be annoying to deal with... oh well could be worse... Also sucks that our fuel filter isn't serviceable...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts