Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question, i have a new 08 pro4x4 off road titan, i notice when im driving when i let off the gas i can kinds feel the truck slow down like i put it in a lower gear, like the engine is breaking it, and this morning i was going down a hill with snow on it so i put it in 2cn gear and the tach would go to 1.5 to 2.5 its like it would pulsate... is this a feature i dont know about with this truck... i used to have a 05 silverado and it didnt do this...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I cant think of the name of this feature, but it engages when you are in the Drive gear and you take your foot off the gas like going down a hill etc... I will try to find a link I know is on here, just cant think of the title. Dont worry its normal, if you drop down out of the overdrive gear it turns off.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just tap the throttle and you'll coast fine.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
It's been apparent since 04 that the Titan does have some sort of hill desent feature. I love it. Keeps from having to cover the brake and overheating them on long downhills. But if you keep steady gas pedal pressure or just let off the gas, it doesn't kick in. Nice feature.

·
Super Moderator
160,991 Posts
It's a little disconcerting to feel it the first time, but I'm with HVT here, I like the feature.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, i knew there was something there but wasnt sure what was going on..thanks for clearing it up, im not sure if i like the feature yet or not, i have only had my truck for a couple weeks, i sure love the truck though...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I do wish that Nissan, like Ford, only allowed this feature to work while in TOW MODE! This way, it would help in towing situations and at the very least...would be driver defeatable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts