Nissan Titan Forum banner

engine clean

941 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Psychlone 
#1 ·
Guys, I know this might be a crazy question but I want to make sure. Is there anything (other than a CAI) that needs to be covered up on the motor before washing it down. No hidden circuits or potential problems waiting to haunt me when getting wet? Thanks!

#5 ·
37L1 is spot on on this. Nothing I've found works better than Simple Green. Spray, soak, rinse. Run the engine for a bit afterwards and it looks like new again! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
You're not going to hurt your engine cleaning it every 6 months or so, regardless. In addition, it's easier to get a little dirt off more frequently than a lot of dirt by waiting longer.

#9 ·
Hey...I found a trick that I'd share with you guys!

I just did this last week, and my engine is *still* in perfect shape!
Tire Wet N Black - normally used as a tire dressing that really looks wet...well, n black ;)
I sprayed it over *everything* in the engine bay - from angles to head-on - so far it repels dust and water and my engine bay looks just like I did it a week ago, even after washing the outside of my truck 2 times since then. I 4X alot, and I would have thought that stuff would collect the dust, but I also knew it's not hard to get off...well, it appears that it's REPELLING the dust! Give it a try - I'm not disappointed!

Psychlone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.