Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mounted and tested the lamps. Removed two hood insulation clips and used M6 SS machine screws (shortened to @12 mm with a Dremel). The clip holes are perfect for threading M6 screws. I did have to enlarge the SS washers included in the lamp kit. Will take care of permanent wiring and the switch mounting tomorrow.

·
Registered
‘11 Titan CC Lwb
47 Posts
Nice!!! That is one thing I’ve always missed from the older cars. In some cases it may have only been a single 194 on the hood, but it was a hell of a lot better then moon light.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the idea last year when I worked in Greenville, SC and had my truck there for @4 months. It was a royal pain to even check oil in the evenings/night.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine compartment lighting done (almost). Just need to get some push clips to secure the wiring on the hood, and use a few zip ties to neaten up the loom. Used one of the three vacant threaded M6 holes on the passenger side fender (behind the battery) to mount the ground. Used an M6 nut to secure the positive terminal on the positive battery post. Mounted the switch on the trim above the firewall after removing a plastic clip. Very pleased with the light coverage.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
That looks great, those lights are so nice and bright.

Clint

Reactions: aba4430

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks. Unless these lamps are mounted ideally, they can be blindingly bright. I had called KC CS last year when I was looking into the kit and asked whether they sold these in the clear diffused version; the kit only comes in the clear lens version. A single lamp kit is also available, but for the Titan, you would have dark spots due to shading. The locations I selected did not require any drilling, and gives a decent balance between intensity (non-blinding) and coverage.

I like how the lamps turned out and will get them for our Subaru OB as well. However, may spring for a pair of diffused clear lamps and make my own harness. The included harness is convenient, but nothing special and also too long. Overall, a decent add though.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
If you buy them as separates I see clear diffused offered.

Clint
6A79A9D2-A642-47DD-A181-43D9D374789C.png

·
Registered
367 Posts

This is the engine bay of a Datsun (now Nissan) 411. I had 1967 wagon in the mid '70's.
Look closely at the right (in the picture, driver's side on the car) firewall. See the lamp mounted there. It was removable from the housing on a cord for looking around the engine bay in the dark. Haven't seen another one like it in over 40 years.
Here's another shot that shows the switch on the back of the housing...

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
856 Posts
I had that on something, I cannot remember if it was. 91 s10 or a 98 sonoma

1 - 14 of 14 Posts